Who is City Pantry?
We are City Pantry, and we’re on a mission to change the way people work – both in the office and at home. We believe that good food helps people work closer, however far apart. So, now more than ever, we need a team of diverse, passionate people to drive our mission forward and make working life better, one meal at a time. And we need people like you to be a part of our food revolution!
As part of Just Eat Takeaway, one of the Worlds largest food delivery groups, we deliver thousands of meals every day across the UK to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, to name a few. We work with a world of kitchens, over 600 of the best boutique chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, iconic restaurants and supper clubs in the UK.
As a Product Manager at City Pantry, you will be accountable and responsible for:
- Product planning and delivery at a team level
- Identifying product opportunities; works with customers and business stakeholders to identify and analyse opportunities to improve our products.
- Writes clear user stories at a feature level
- Product roadmap and backlog; build short term product backlog for 1-2 teams in line with the strategic goals and objectives of their manager and/or Head of Product, team and business stakeholders.
- Maintains a discovery backlog of possible innovations
- Product delivery and measurement; work effectively in an agile environment to deliver product increments and ensure that requirements are met.
- Measures and monitors product performance after releases
- Communication and stakeholder management; clearly communicates with mid-level stakeholders throughout the product development process and manages expectations
- Has discovered and delivered opportunities within an organisation with primary responsibility for roadmap definition and delivery over 3-6 months
- Has experience working with product development teams (software engineering and design). Our teams are an empowered combination of you, the product manager, a product designer, an analyst and an engineering lead with a team of engineers.
- Experience of project and product delivery with cross-functional teams, able to overcome/adapt to unforeseen challenges to meet commitments
- Gets costs vs value in team and clearly communicates and prioritises delivery accordingly
- Has subject matter expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- May lead functional projects or workstreams within a project
- Works independently, identify innovation solutions, receiving minimal guidance.
- Demonstrable understanding of the techniques and methods of product discovery and product delivery.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
What we’re offering
City Pantry has taken all necessary precautions to keep our Pantlers safe during this strange time that we’re experiencing together. Working from home has become the norm and employee wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds. We ensure we offer a helping hand remotely whenever it is needed, from mental health support to a comfortable home workspace. Some of our company perks are on hold for now, but here’s what’s on offer at the moment:
- Unlimited holiday (yes, actually)
- Flexible Working Hours (we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing)
- £2000 annual development allowance, for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Access to various Mental Health & Wellbeing platforms, including wellbeing sessions, online health checks, tools to provide exercises via UnMind, Sanctus and our Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders within the business, available to assist you with anything regarding your mental health and wellbeing
- An opportunity to get involved with our Employee Resource Group programme, whether you want to create your own ERG or join our current Racial Justice and Equality group
- Optional company wide training programme named ‘Recipe for Success’
- Weekly virtual Yoga and Pilates to keep your mind, body and soul in shape
- Regular remote-social activities like virtual Escape rooms, Bingo, Scavenger hunts + much more
- Group Income Protection and Group Life Assurance for all Full-time employees
- A selection of People focused schemes, including ‘Cycle to Work’, ‘Eyecare’ and more, designed to give you an even better employee experience during your time at City Pantry
- Generous parental, adoption and/or foster care leave, so you’re able to spend important time with your new family.
- Automatically enrolled into our Pension scheme after 3 months employment, where you will contribute 5% (or more if preferred) and City Pantry will contribute 3%.
- 20% off Santander Cycles (annual membership)
And when we’re back in the office, you’ll be entitled to all of the above as well as these perks below:
- Free lunches Monday, Wednesday and Friday from an amazing array of our London Vendors
- Regular company socials (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Five-A-Side Football Team
- Treats from our sweetest Vendor partners