Ocean Technologies Group
Senior Product Manager
Ocean Technologies Group is a global learning and operational technology company dedicated to accelerating the potential of innovative companies that serve the maritime industry and helping them to meet the challenges of 21st Century shipping. Ocean Technologies Group operates at the intersection of several maritime digital learning brands including Videotel, Seagull, MTS and Marlins. We are the largest global provider of training and certification for those within the maritime sector. For more information see www.oceantechnologiesgroup.com
As an integral part of our growth strategy, we are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to lead part of international learning solutions portfolio. This is a critical role to ensure our growth outcomes are achieved.
This exciting role will be working alongside members of the wider Product team and will see the individual making a very significant contribution to the direction and development of our Ocean Learning products. The role is highly cross-functional and critical to the realisation of our company goals and strategy.
- Proven track record in product leadership roles
- Highly experienced working effectively in a matrix environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and track record of using data and metrics to justify requirements and features
- Experience with using Agile product management methodology and implementing it across an organization
- A passion for solving problems
- Deep customer empathy and curiosity
- Good understanding of how technology helps solve complex problems
- Comfortable and transparent with engineers
- Sound knowledge of establishing success criteria and using data to guide the development
- Experienced in digital learning or other digital product management
- Although not a requirement, the experience of working in EdTech would be advantageous to this role
- Develop our Ocean Learn products, grow our product portfolio and define market and product requirements
- Work cross-functionally with technology leads, software developers, product managers, UX designers and operations to rapidly deliver high-impact products and features.
- Present a consistent and externally recognised approach to product management throughout the business
- Maintain direct contact with our customers and our wider team to evolve our current products
- Lead on the development and execution of new global products
- Exemplify the discipline of product management and strategy throughout the business
- Manage stakeholders to achieve the above
How you will lead
- Develop a product strategy, roadmap, and desired outcomes for your part of the product portfolio
- Serve as a key leader, collaborating closely with other functional managers and stakeholders around the globe
- Connect with customers in our global marketplace and work to define innovative solutions using design thinking methodologies
- Be hands-on with our products and hold a high bar for quality
- Know our competitors, their offerings and how our offerings compare
- Drive customer empathy, product expertise and competitive awareness throughout the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation or religion.
Please apply by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.