Product Manager – eCommerce
Phoenix, AZ or Rockville, MD (Remote for now)
In the hospitality industry, people matter.
At Choice Hotels, we welcome and respect your voice while fostering a culture that empowers you to learn, grow, and make an impact. We are at an exciting intersection of the hospitality and franchising sectors, fueled by the power of technology.
When you #MakeItYourChoice, you will have the environment, the tools, and momentum to drive your career and organizational success.
As a Product Owner within the Digital Commerce team at Choice Hotels International, you will help evolve our Guest facing desktop, mobile web, and app experiences. Our goal is to build great digital experiences that help Guests plan, book, travel, and engage with Choice.
• You will bring with you expertise in consumer-facing desktop and mobile experiences, insights on the current and future needs of the customer, and a passion for championing these perspectives across all departments in the organization. You will use an agile, customer-centric product management mindset and hands-on experience working directly with software development teams to bring new experiences to market.
• As a steward of the Choice Hotels’ digital experiences, you will manage numerous eCommerce-focused initiatives that drive and support guest-facing reservation and guest experience efforts, working closely with technology, loyalty, shared services, brand management, and franchise services teams.
The Digital Commerce team at Choice Hotels International is made up of product managers, designers, UX researchers, and marketers who are passionate about building the next generation of digital travel planning and shopping tools. With Choicehotels.com and our award-winning apps as our canvasses, we leverage industry trends, consumer insights, and data to make it as easy as possible to plan, book, and travel with Choice.
As a Product Manager within the Digital Commerce team at Choice Hotels International, you will help evolve Choicehotels.com and our app experiences by building out and executing on a consumer-centric roadmap that simplifies travel for our guests, supports our franchisees, and grows our digital business.
Product Management: Manage a portfolio of digital products to ensure success in accordance with strategic enterprise-wide objectives. Partner with UX research, design, engineering, and other teams across the company to deliver new features and enhancements and bring them to life online.
Strategy Development: Provide business decision support for the development of the broader digital strategy and analysis of specific related opportunities.
Performance Monitoring: Support the measurement of business performance against key indicators and targets to ensure success against key metrics.
• Demonstrated ability to craft a vision and bring it to life.
• Strong send of passion for creating user-centric digital experiences.
• Must be able to manage multiple high priority efforts while maintaining a sense of urgency.
• Able to make decisions in the face of ambiguity and knows when to analyze further. Can instinctively balance speed and the need to support decisions with data.
• High degree of both business and technical acumen and curiosity
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and integrity.
Education and Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of experience as a product manager, product owner, business analyst, or similar role within an ecommerce organization
• Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies and associated tools (Rally, Jira, Confluence)
• Expertise in and experience with consumer-facing desktop, mobile web and/or app experiences
• Solid understanding of how to evaluate and measure the success of digital products.
• Proficiency with Omniture Site Catalyst or similar data analytics tools
• High collaboration with the engineering team, will need to walk the talk. Must have a solid understanding of web technologies.
• Strong ability to collaborate on the design of engineering and problem solving.
• Prior experience in travel, transportation, or hospitality industry highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required; MBA or graduate degree preferred.