“Zalando is going to become a fashion platform, and eventually the number one tech company in Europe.” Robert Gentz, Zalando co-founder and managing director
Zalando’s mission is to become the world’s leading platform for connecting fashion with people. Our challenges along the way: handling massive amounts of data; meeting our customers’ constantly changing demands; designing and implementing systems that enable the best merchandising and logistics processes in the industry; and building an architecture and products that truly scale (think “billions of users”).
What excites you?
You want to make your mark at one of Europe’s most successful tech companies. You enjoy combining business knowledge with customer insights and state-of-the art technologies. You’re passionate about creating high-impact user experiences that make customers’ lives better. And you want to benefit from the market-defining knowledge and scale of resources that only a firm of Zalando’s scale can offer.
If we just described YOU, then join our Product team at Zalando Tech!
As a Product Owner, your success is measured by the following key objectives:
- Change customers’ lives: Whether you’re creating a mobile app, taking our pricing engine to the next level, or driving new fulfillment solutions, your contributions make a huge and lasting positive impact.
- Become one with your product: You own it, you drive it, you make it successful against all odds — but with lots of support.
- Become part of something bigger: Product Owners are the senior members of our Product Management team and live our leadership values for the greater good.
- Leadership: You inspire and coach your team to greatness.
What it takes to succeed
A successful Zalando Product Owner is:
- The master of multiple domains: You bridge the gap between business and technology; serve as a true thought partner for our senior commercial management team; and understand the technologies that drive our commercial agenda — while always keeping the customer’s point of view at top of mind.
- A hands-on visionary: You think big, craft compelling visions for your ideas, and understand what makes your products commercially viable (or not). You also take a hands-on approach to product discovery, user research, storytelling and backlog prioritization.
- A thoughtful pragmatist: You get things done, make sound decisions under pressure, and resolve issues effectively.
- Friendly, but tough: People enjoy working with you because you communicate well and evoke optimism, even when you’re delivering difficult news.
- A leader and coach: You attract the best product specialists to your team.
What do we require from you?
If you can accomplish the above, you have what it takes. If you are not sure — ask someone in a similar role. If they think you´ve got what it takes, go ahead — apply!
Our Offer to You
As a Zalando Product Owner, you will help revolutionize the fashion industry while transforming your career. We will help you develop a personal Tour of Mastery so you can create your own opportunities and take risks. We don’t want you to fear failure—we want you to learn from it!
We know that you can only “give it your best” if you enjoy what you’re doing. Our Weekly Tech Talks; +100 self-organized guilds (covering everything from diversity to parenting to gaming); annual Hack Weeks, and other learning opportunities will enable you to build your own Zalando experience.