We’re looking to hire a Product (UI/UX) Designer. I can vouch for this being a safe and welcoming environment!
A great candidate for this role has a strong background in UI/UX, including mobile experience. You have a great capacity for listening and being flexible, are able to work fast and iterate, and take feedback quickly and productively. You have excellent command over the mediums of design (e.g. Sketch) and care more about outcomes than pixels. You’ll ideally have experience working remotely and designing for consumers. You care deeply about technology’s ability to make people feel close and want to shape that experience for consumers. https://www.marcopolo.me/jobs/product-designer/
In this position, you’ll:
- Design magical mobile experiences: Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into meaningful experiences for our users. You’ll identify needs of Marco Polo customers and turn them into awesome new product features or improvements
- Partner cross-functionally: Work collaboratively with other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features from concept to launch
- Participate in feedback (internal and external): Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations across Marco Polo products. You’ll also perform user research to help guide our product design.
- Contribute to product strategy: You’ll be asking and answering questions like “what should we build?” and “what problems need to be solved?” and “how will this move our business forward”
Ideally you have:
- An excellent sense of typography, layout, color, and general design principles
- Ability to adapt your designs across different platforms and form factors
- Ability to communicate your design decisions, and work cross-functionally with different teams and roles (including developers, project managers, and other designers)
- Willingness to change/adapt designs based on engineering constraints
- Humility and focus on building a great product that people love
- A compelling portfolio showcasing your work and attention to detail, which ideally includes shipped mobile product designs
- Experience designing for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.) with current tools (Sketch, Principal, Framer, etc.)
- 4+ years design experience at a product company
A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to help people feel close. We’re a fully distributed team that cares about working joyfully and making a big difference in the world. Our app, Marco Polo®, is already reaching millions of people, helping them feel close to the most important people in their lives. Our new service, Marco Polo Channels, is a one-to-many coaching solution on your own time. Launched in early 2020, Channels has many successful leaders earning revenue doing what they love.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We can add teammates from anywhere in North America.
Working here is awesome because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people
- We’re not just a team, we’re a Teamily. This means that when you join Marco Polo, you’ll join a group of people who aren’t just passionate about what they do, but also care about each other 🙂
- We’re moving quickly so things never get stale
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental) and your family (paid family leave)
Does this sound exciting to you? If so, then we’d love to hear from you.