BSTEVR Head of Product
BSTEVR is for fans. For the more than half of us who follow sports. From casual to die-hard.
We believe while communication is having a moment, sports got left behind. Sports media aren’t best for modern communication. And modern communication isn’t built for sports.
For the 5 billion fans of the $1 trillion sports industry, being a passive consumer is passe. Fans want high-frequency, low-friction experiences to share highlights, debate talent, predict outcomes, compete in Fantasy and much more.
So, we’re setting out to build a modern sports platform by re-imagining sports and communication at the same time. To build tools that are simple, look great, and, most importantly, help fans get more out of what they love.
We launched our first step in January 2021. Our priorities are building our team, early growth and launching our second step before the end of the year.
We’re a people-first culture, and while our founding team are experienced operators from Google, YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook, Yahoo, HBO and CNN, we can’t wait for you to help us chart a new course.
You know what it’s like to be a fan. Doesn’t have to be die-hard. Doesn’t have to be “the big four”. There’s a sports campfire out there that interests you. And, because you’re human, you don’t just want to passively consume, you want to actively participate. Sometimes even go beyond what is to what could be. To find and connect with others that feel the same. That’s why building tools any fan can use to get more out of the things they love sounds like it’s worth a few years of your career.
Whether you prefer tech or art, data or intuition, solo or groups, product or marketing, you understand winnings means working well with people who prefer the opposite.
You love strategy and analytics, but know visible signs of progress matter most.
You know–and will stand up for–the difference between right and wrong (for our people and customers). Same for the difference between great and merely good.
About the Job: Head of Product
We are looking for a Head of Product, or a Senior Product Manager who is ready to take the next step. We’re going to ask you to design a business and a product to engage and enable consumers in a way that they’d rather not be without, and you have done that several times by working across leadership, design, engineering and marketing while championing the user without simply pandering to the past.
You have no problem spending mornings flying through Jira and Figma and afternoons cuddling up in PRDs and Google Docs, all while making impossible tradeoffs.
Like all great Product Managers, you’ll have way less control than accountability and will need to translate, peace-make, teach, learn from and enchant everyone at BSTEVR from our CEO to our VP of Marketing, Head of Design, the entire engineering team and every partner. If that sounds like NBD rather than FML, this job’s for you.
- Diversity of perspective, approach: We’d love for that to be in gender, ethnicity and/or sexual orientation, but our minimum condition is background and mindset.
- 5+ years Product Management in consumer-facing products: We’d prefer 7-10, but we’ll take grit, rigor, creativity and curiosity over the extra years.
- Technical background a plus: We don’t care whether self-taught or Masters from CMU, but you appreciate coding and coders. Strong understanding of, and experience with, contemporary frontend, backend, mobile and media design and technologies. Even better understanding of how not to get enamored with any of these and stay focused on divining/analyzing what makes for a lovable product.
- Location: We have none. Work remotely (in the US or elsewhere), but be able to show us that you have found a healthy way to manage yourself, and others, that way.
- Comp/benefits: We’re a (responsible) early-stage startup, so expect the corresponding balance of equity and salary. We’ll lay ourselves out for great candidates.
BSTEVR believes in equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Come and build with us: https://jobs.gohire.io/bstevr-inc-8by6tjzc/head-of-product-32919/, https://www.instagram.com/BSTEVRsports/, https://twitter.com/BSTEVRsports, https://BSTEVR.com/