Do you have a natural curiosity for problem solving and love collaborating with teams? Do you have a talent for research/analytics and distilling the findings into actionable next steps to drive strategic decision-making? Does an entrepreneurial company, team, and environment help you perform at your peak?
Allied Health Media (AHM) is looking for a Product Manager to assist in building online/web-based products/services from existing ideas, and help develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and future website users. This extends from oversight and management of the product lifecycle to prioritization of product-related tasks. This position will work closely with project manager counterparts, business system analysts, development leads and QA engineers to not only define product release requirements, but ensure current products/services are operating optimally and according to specification. When needed, this position will also assist with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Understands and adheres to the overarching AHM product vision, strategy, and 5 year rolling roadmap consistent with our overall strategic plan.
- Brings new products and features to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; establishing time schedules with team members.
- Assumes day-to-day management and responsibility for existing product lifecycle management and roadmap development.
- Manages a Product Innovation Process that focuses development resources on projects that support the brand and strategic vision for the continuing education business while supporting key performance objectives.
- Collaborates with a core Product Team with key representatives from Editorial, CEU Administration, Education Technology, IT, Finance, Sales, and Marketing to ensure proper checkpoints, progress, and buy-in for the Product Innovation Process.
- Partners with IT and Marketing on product development based on internal roadmaps, working to set a reliable and consistent cadence for product release timing.
- Assists with Sales and Marketing (as needed) to define the go-to-market strategy, target customers and marketing plan necessary to meet product revenue and margin goals.
- Tracks the competitive landscape, maintaining an updated competitive analysis, and tracking relevant market trends.
- Assists with customer data needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Serves as the internal evangelist for all product/service offerings.
- 2+ years experience in web product development
- Project management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with and understanding of consumer research, project management, product marketing, product strategy, pricing, and online promotion
- Experience writing Product Requirement Documents (PRD’s)
- Extremely motivated and detail-oriented, energized by big challenges
- Strong analytical skills – able to provide innovative solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions
- An organized thinker – you carefully plan projects and make detailed lists
- Enjoy collaborating, communicating, and working closely with people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Love providing the best possible user experience, have a passion motivates you to work tirelessly to help the team deliver the best possible experiences
Performance Measurements: The Product Manager’s success will be measured and evaluated by the following metrics:
- Increase in overall organizational clarity, pace and delivery, expressed in metrics such as revenue, timely release of quality products, customer satisfaction, and market recognition as a leader in online learning solutions.
- Management of ongoing development tickets related to the weaknesses and improvement of current products/services.
- Completion of post-product development evaluations from internal and external stakeholders to determine how well results were achieved.
Travel: Occasional travel is required for company and department meetings.