Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people.
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role
You are an experienced Senior Product Manager enjoying working in a fast paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. You will be responsible for clearly articulating the Voice of our Customers to the hardware & software engineering teams, data scientists, designers and researchers.
You’ll need to be ready to hit the ground running. With two products launched, more markets opening up and many new ideas that need to become a reality, there’s plenty to get involved with.
We will look to you and your experience to help develop products that we’re proud of because we put the user at the centre of the design process and ensure we take a holistic view of the product experience. You will be guiding the development of both hardware and software elements, with exposure working throughout the product lifecycle from NPI to maintenance in market.
The Day to Day of the role
- Main focus will be to understand our customers’ experience, keep up to speed on market trends and translate them into a clearly defined and appropriately prioritised product roadmap. You will need to gain buy in and support from different teams.
- You will work independently and able to guide product development. You will be involved in setting the product vision and ensuring that the product team delivers on it. You will be leading the charge to make products that delight our users, helping the team navigate through the decisions and inevitable compromise of turning ideas to reality.
- You will be able to offer advice, mentoring and guidance to other team members
User Champion – you are the voice of the user inside the company. You will:
- Get under the skin of our users. Working closely with product researchers, you’ll be setting research objectives and involved in conducting user research, learning about customer needs first hand
- Translate customer needs into product shaping information, writing user stories and user requirements and briefing relevant teams
- Communicate user needs and product plans to a variety of audiences (ie. sell the dream and fight the user’s corner)
Development Guide – working across hardware and software teams to deliver one cohesive product experience in line with the vision. You will:
- Work side by side with cross-functional teams to drive product development, keeping the team on track, and making sure the product vision is a constant throughout
- Be balancing tensions in requirements and deciding with the team what compromise is acceptable throughout the product development journey
- Join stand-ups with our app dev teams and design engineer catch-ups
- Stay on top of what our competitors are up to and the results they are getting, and where valuable and relevant, use this to inform our product development
- Manage, update and prioritise a backlog of features, and brief and manage the development of design work. You will use Jira to manage app development and Asana for in-house designers (SD/UX/UI)
Problem Solving – passionate to make things better and up for the challenge of tackling unknowns. You:
- Are curious and questioning to ensure we identify route causes not symptoms, so that we design the right solutions
- Are able to juggle the day to day, whilst also seeing the bigger picture, so that you can identify and focus on the most pressing challenges with appropriate effort
- Are driven to make things better and push for quality outcomes for the user. But you also know when is “good enough”
- Will identify opportunities to improve existing processes and tools, and introduce new ones to support the scaling up of development work
Stakeholder Manager – you can work with a variety of different people, personalities and business units seamless balancing needs, hearing and being heard. You:
- Will bring people on the journey of feature and product development with you, judging who needs to be kept informed about what, without adding unnecessary noise or complexity
- Are a good listener and make sure people feel heard
- Will hear different perspectives, be able to analyse the situation and pick a path forwards acknowledging the compromise taken
- Will manage change: get buy-in from stakeholders and lead the implementation, using data to understand and improve iteratively
- You will mentor and guide the work of other product managers within the team
- 5 years’ relevant experience, with demonstrable experience of product managing connected devices or both HW and SW products
- Strong decision making capability and experience
- Preferably time with a startup that has gone through the scaling process
- Demonstrable experience in modern user testing, tech product development, and agile project management processes and tools (e.g Google Analytics, Jira)
- Interest in women, health and all things tech
- A huge drive to help Elvie reach the next level, and to develop yourself into a leader
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Great work environment – regular company socials, free daily snacks
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Enjoy employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan with WPA
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year