Director Product Management – Interaction Experience
Department: Product Management
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
Sonos lives by a maniacal focus on filling homes with music, and we are looking for a spirited and inspiring leader to live up to this promise and an organizational product management expert that can build and grow the team to deliver on it. You will lead the strategy and vision for how sound and music flow through our customers’ lives, and contribute to growth in our customer base by delivering innovative experiences that support our mission of bringing users the ultimate sound experience.
You will have demonstrated experience creating and shipping a loved consumer product, and past work in delivering this experience through mobile applications (experiences with other interaction models would be a huge plus). You will have a passion for partnering with talented developers and creative designers to build experiences that surprise and delight people in their elegance and joyfulness by making the user’s life better.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
Create and lead the Interaction Experience Product Management team:
- Set the short and long term product vision for delivering the Sonos ultimate home sound experience.
- Create the roadmap for Sonos apps and interaction experiences; Partner with Design, Brand and Marketing teams to build experiences for all users who encounter Sonos.
- Drive innovation towards reimagining the joy of listening out loud in the digital era within Sonos and extending through various partners.
- Work across Sonos and with music service partners, music labels, and artists to deepen the relationship Sonos listeners have with music and artists.
- You are a visionary for the Sonos app and how this will expand into a broader ecosystem.
- You are passionate about how customer behaviors will evolve in the smart home, and can drive the vision for how Sonos naturally integrates into the home ecosystem.
Lead Sonos Culture and Product Management Excellence:
- Inspire product and UX teams at Sonos to reach deeper in building experiences that provide soulful and visceral experiences with sound in the home.
- Create a long term talent management plan including the continued development of a strong team and recruiting new talent.
- Effectively scale and build the team’s leadership capacity to adapt to our fast growth investment.
- You have more than 10+ years of experience in a Product Management leadership role.
- You are a strong people and organizational leader who enjoys inspiring, and building teams across product management, development, and user experience.
- You have experience working with a consumer product and mobile applications.
- You love thinking experience first, and have an innate curiosity about user experience models.
- You understand what it takes to architect an evolving software roadmap and are able to work cross-company to move things forward.
- You are collaborative and think about partnerships, and how Sonos can continue to innovate through building key experiences with partners.
- You have a technical mindset and enjoy working with development teams.
- You understand how to work with teams that are spread out across the globe.
- You have experience building voice based experiences (a plus).
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.