What is Bequest?
We’re bringing peace of mind and financial security to all modern families, in one holistic and engaging platform ✌️
We offer life insurance to our users alongside a suite of free products to help them with the life and after-life admin. This includes the ability to write your will for free with our online will writer. We’re creating a single platform for users to manage all of their families life admin, and protect the things that matter most to them.
Who are we looking for?
As we grow our team and acquire more customers we’re looking for someone to come in and take ownership of or our product ensuring we are building the best financial security product for our customers.
You will own the product strategy that is aligned with business needs. We are here to revolutionise the market it is key that our product drives that. You will also be in charge of the roadmap and the build as well, making sure customers are happy and deadlines are met. In order to achieve that you will need to be able to assess who you need in the future to support that goal and you’ll of course have the opportunity to build your team.
You’ll manage the deadlines and priorities for our dev team, making sure we’re building the products that will make the biggest impact to our customers. You’ll be talking to our customers to understand their needs, their worries and their trouble with existing products so we know exactly what to work on and when.
This is a key role with an early team and as such, you’ll have the opportunity to shape not only the products we build, but the team around you. You’ll need to be proactive and ready to get stuck in, learn our systems and eager to take on extra responsibility.
- Build out our product strategy and align it to our business strategy
- Deliver on key strategic objectives for Bequest
- Own our product roadmap from creation to delivery
- Build out a robust customer feedback loop, make sure we’re building the right thing for them
- Define and drive continuous product discovery
- Translate learnings into requirements and deliverables
- Define and own our product metrics and optimise toward complete adoption and conversion rates
Key skills and experience
- You know how to run a team in an agile environment and you know how to wow with your great people skills
- You’re a keen problem-solver and you want to be autonomous and take on extra responsibility
- You’re entrepreneurial, love to tackle big problems and are comfortable learning things on the job
- You love the customer and will do anything it takes to deliver the best product to them
- You’re a born leader and willing to do the tough things in order to deliver on our objectives in time
- 5+ years experience in a product focussed role with experience managing and releasing a world-class product from inception.
Nice to haves
- Previous product experience in a regulated industry
- Previous product experience with a D2C brand
- You’ve worked closely with other teams in the business (such as Tech, Operations and Growth) to resolve problems with the product, website or delivery etc.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work with a great, driven and passionate team
25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible and remote working options
- Private health care and of course, life insurance
- Catered lunches 2 days a week, unlimited breakfast, healthy snacks, freshly ground coffee and Evening Bar
- Employee Share Option Scheme
- Macbook and a personal budget for work from home expenses