iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. We believe finance should make life easier, not harder, for small businesses. When small businesses go to traditional lenders they are forced to deal with long waits, absurdly rigid criteria, and impersonal bureaucracies. We believe small businesses deserve a financing service that strips out the hassle; that gets to know each customer’s needs; that generates opportunities instead of problems. iwoca is finance, custom-built to expand possibilities for small business.
We’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance one million small businesses within a decade and we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn’t an optional add-on, it’s the core ingredient of what makes us great.
iwoca is entering a new phase of development and we need a senior/lead technical product manager to help our teams build the best SME lending platform possible.
The Product, tech and analytics team at iwoca is made up of the following cross functional build teams:
- CRM –responsible for improving the systems that enable us to provide our customers with the highest quality of service, all the way from sales through to collection
- Fintech – ensure we have the right systems in place to access reliable information on our loans, operating costs and the ability to forecast financial information
- Risk & Underwriting – responsible for the technology that enables our risk assessments and our shift toward increasing automation and hybrid decision-making
- Internal reporting – responsible for building the tools that allow for dynamic reporting and analysis of the iwoca’s performance to support decision-making across the business
- Core systems – responsible for services mainly used by other build teams, including our data integrations and decisioning systems.
- Open lending – Focussed on ensuring our Lending API exposed to partners allows them to easily integrate our products into their own customer experiences.
- Customer Product – Responsible for all services used by iwoca’s SME customers, as well as brokers and other introducers.
These functions make up the engine that allows iwoca to deliver our exceptional service to our growing base of customers.
We want you to come in and help us shape new ideas and approaches towards solving problems. You will own your product road map and help input and define the full lifecycle of our operational tools from idea generation, to technical development, to launch & iterate. You will also be expected to work closely and collaborate with the broader product team to help us identify dependencies or synergies that could impact what gets built and why.
This new role is part of making our product function incredible at iwoca, so you will be able to roll up your sleeves and work closely with tech and the business to keep us building great tools for years to come.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong Product Management experience, ideally in a Tech company
- Tech savviness: Even if you don’t write code yourself, you understand what a software developer does, understand APIs and can ask the right questions to ensure that technical choices will meet both current and future requirements
- Prior experience with operational and financial workflows or internal/back-office tools
- Collaborative style that is focused on aligning stakeholders and finding solutions
- Superior communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Experience of sharing great ideas and best practices
- Track record of excellence in both academic and professional settings
- Ideally but not essential, it would be great if you had previous management experience of other Product Managers but we are happy to look at people looking to grow into this type of role
What’s life like as an iwocan?
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in Covent Garden & Leeds. We have always supported flexible working however during the current pandemic the majority of iwocans are working from home. We have taken every precaution to keep our offices COVID-19 secure for those that need to use them.
- A calendar of ‘remote friendly’ events each week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual Yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you’ll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Bring your dog to work days, we’re dog friendly on Tuesday and Thursdays in our London office.
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse to improve your coding skills or learn a new coding language.