As a Product Manager at Street Contxt, you represent the needs of our customers and the needs of the business throughout the product development and support lifecycle. This is a mission critical role that touches many areas of the business. You will be responsible for becoming an expert in our customers and industry. You will also be expected to build a deep understanding of the internal processes that drive our customers’ experience and impact our bottom line.
Our Product Managers bring all of the aforementioned expertise to the table throughout the product development lifecycle. You will work closely with Product Designers, marketing, sales, client services, and Engineers to guide features through the development process. You will be expected to support the released product by analyzing usage, championing features internally and externally, and providing critical support to go-to-market teams selling and supporting the product.
Our flagship product, Edge, is currently used by hundreds of investment banks and research firms around the world, including many of the world’s most influential enterprises. The success of our Edge product line has led to additional product opportunities and revealed how ripe the industry is for innovation and disruption of the status quo. As a member of the Product team, you will be responsible for contributing to overall product strategy, roadmapping and prioritization. You will be expected to take anything from small product changes to large new features and even products from ideation to launch. Beyond launch, you will be expected to participate in the monitoring and upkeep of the product suite, to ensure it delivers consistent value as our user base grows.
2020 brought with it many challenges and many opportunities. We feel very fortunate to have been presented with the opportunities in front of us and the opportunity to build big, energizing plans for 2021. Notable among them at the time of writing: Street Contxt will operate remotely for the entirety of 2021. We are eager to welcome yet another exceptional individual to our team to amplify the customer voice and guide our teams to make impactful decisions, from wherever you call home.
- Understanding our users: Conducting user research to answer specific questions about our users, build empathy, and understand core problems and workflows as they pertain to our solution
- Contributing to product strategies: Participating and contributing to discussions about strategic approaches to increasing the value of our solution across our users, and the impact those strategies would have on all of our stakeholders
Evaluating and prioritizing product work: Working with the product team to evaluate the potential impact of product work on our bottom line. Helping identify risks and unknowns that will affect where product work should fall within the larger product roadmap
- Establishing requirements and scope: Translating key customer needs and stakeholder input into actionable, well-scoped, and clearly defined changes to the product
Supporting the software development lifecycle: Shepherding product work through the design and engineering phases of the SDLC, helping to problem solve challenges raised through design and implementation, assisting in the testing and launch activities
- Communicating with stakeholders: Participating in the creation and sharing of the product vision and roadmaps. Maintaining product documentation for internal teams. Supporting go-to-market functions with sales, support, marketing, and client services activities as it relates to product
Monitoring product outcomes: Analyzing product usage and tracking product metrics, working to understand the high-level impact of individual features and changes to evaluate the effectiveness of product work
- You have 3+ years of work experience in product management for a B2B product
- You are able to take large features from concept to delivery and are well versed in all stages of the product development lifecycle
- You have experience with design thinking and user-centric design; you know how to take an empathetic approach to learn about your customers’ goals and pain points, and to discover new product opportunities
- You are technical and can discuss implementations and tradeoffs with Engineering. You have a solid understanding of how your past work is implemented, well below the UX layer.
- You are an excellent communicator, internally championing and educating our team on product efforts, comfortable in front of clients explaining our product and understanding their workflows and pain points
- You have experience working with industry tools including analytics systems, CRMs, spreadsheets, and documents
It’s a bonus if
- You have experience working with a SaaS based product, ideally for multiple years
- You have experience with enterprise CRM integrations, ideally with the Salesforce platform
Street Contxt is reinventing client coverage in capital markets. Street Contxt enables sell side brokerages and independent research firms to efficiently and profitably cover clients from every value segment. This is done by leveraging proprietary, smart data technology and machine learning to match the right client with the right content and resources in order to eliminate overload, improve engagement and client experience, and increase cost-effectiveness. Designed with rigorous cybersecurity measures and a customizable user experience, Street Contxt integrates seamlessly with a firm’s existing software and systems. Street Contxt brings transparency, accountability, scale, and profitability to institutional client coverage, allowing firms to scale and stay ahead of changing regulations.
Contributing to the growth of a game-changing product gets our team fired up! At Street Contxt, we take ownership of our projects and work together to foster a fun and transparent environment. Our days are spent thinking through complex scenarios and tackling major challenges using innovative technology. We’re agile in our process and responsive to the market, seeking to fundamentally improve an institutional industry. We are a team of experts, joined by outstanding advisors and world-class investors, on a quest to build a superior product and a top-notch company. With our HQ in the heart of Toronto, we work, play, and win as a team. We enjoy spending time with one another and celebrate our accomplishments together.
If you see an opportunity for yourself with us, apply now to continue the conversation and learn more about how you can become part of Street Contxt.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.