Who is Rove and How Are They Changing the World?
Rove is the world’s first youth travel experience marketplace. A digital platform that connects young travelers (18-30) with the most aspirational and contemporary multi-day experiences in the world. Rove provides inspiration, discovery, and seamless booking of a curated selection of all major styles of travel including adventure, culture, festivals and events, sport and education.
Help young people achieve their travel aspirations and find what makes them come alive. Build a trusted and modern brand that pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in travel. Challenge the status quo of the stale travel agency model.
As the Head of Product at Rove, you will drive the product vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team to create world-class user experiences that connect our travellers with the best travel operators across the world.
How Will I Make An Impact?
- Work with the CEO and leadership team to set the product vision, product strategy and roadmap for Rove
- Build the most design-forward and content-rich travel experience platform in the world
- Serve on the leadership team which includes the CEO, COO, CRO, CFO & VP Engineering
- Become the strongest advocate for both users of the marketplace – drive a discovery process that teaches us their key pain points and tests solutions to those pain points
- Building the ‘machine’ to enable community growth and drive enagagement.
- Identify our most critical product KPIs and methodically prioritize products and features to improve them
- Prioritize resources and projects to maximize our growth and create high-quality products
- Build alignment and work collaboratively with cross-functional partners (design, engineering, marketing, customer and operations) to deliver intuitive product solutions
- Monitor the performance and measure the impact of our product releases
- Evolve the product to serve the needs of existing and new customers to create engagement, retention, loyalty and love
- Implement best in class product management and development practices
Do I Have What It Takes? (Requirements)
- Experience envisioning and creating a product from scratch and scaling in start-up environment, preferably leading to a successful exit
- Extensive experience in traditional consumer product management experience, ideally at a marketplace company
- Extensive experience leading product teams
- Passionate and obsessive about design, content, and brand
- Experience working in fast-growing startups
- An entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions
- Strong user empathy and an excellent understanding of best-in-class user experiences
- World-class product vision, strategy, planning, development, and execution
- Strong analytical, data, and troubleshooting skills to bring a data-driven approach to product management
- Join the founding team of entrepreneurs with deep experience in travel & tech and history of scaling and exiting businesses
- You’ll be getting in on the ground floor to make a key impact at a consumer marketplace startup
- You’ll play a critical role in building Rove from the ground up, including influencing our design culture, core values, who we hire, and how we build and roll out world-class practices and processes
- You’ll experience unlimited growth opportunities as the company grows, scales and matures
- You’ll be part of a team that is mission-driven building the most aspirational brand and platform in travel