Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Senior Business Systems Analyst is within our Toxicology Business Unit located in Santa Rosa, CA. This role links business and customer needs with IT capabilities to develop and enhance software products, driving the delivery of business outcomes and delivering value to our customers.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
· Develop a deep understanding of the business and technology systems supporting the business
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand business needs, gather requirements, and recommend technical solutions
· Produce clear, detailed requirements specifications that communicate business needs to the technical team
· Direct and assist with functional testing, user acceptance testing, and deployment
· Prototype solutions through wireframing / mock-ups
· Analyze user and business data to assess processes and develop data-driven recommendations
· Act as an information source and liaison between business units
· Translate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders
· Provide technical training to internal stakeholders
· Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to product team
· Gather feedback from end users about user experience, usability and system performance
· Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve systems, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
· Keep abreast of technology trends and developments
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
· Extensive experience in the following areas:
o Writing detailed functional and technical requirements specifications; able to provide samples of work
o UI/UX design; able to provide samples of work
o UI/UX design and prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision or Axure
o Agile software development
o Jira or similar project management and issue tracking tools
· Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex business rules and processes
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical users
· Highly motivated to learn and succeed
· Ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Initiative to identify business problems and create solutions
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com