Who we are
Opsview is a global IT monitoring software company. We are on a mission to build the best IT monitoring software, ensuring our customers’ systems work 24/7. Opsview is trusted by global businesses, government organizations and service providers, including MIT, Sky, Cisco, IBM, Telefónica, PayPal, British Telecom, Norfolk Southern, CIT and AXA.
To succeed in our mission, we hire talented individuals who can bring their experience, hard work ethic and enthusiasm to developing, selling and supporting our software around the globe. We aspire to be the best place you’ve ever worked and are proud of our company culture. You’ll love working at our fantastic campus offices and enjoy the great benefits we provide.
To define our product strategy and lead the development of our product portfolio.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a confident, enthusiastic and experienced Product Manager who has a successful track record of delivering technical software products, ideally for IT infrastructure and operations. You will have experience of market research and analysis, value proposition design, agile development and automated build and testing methods. Your leadership, dynamism and delivery focus will be a key factor in our next phase of growth and overall business success.
Your understanding of what delivers real value to our customers and the competitive landscape will enable you to develop a winning product strategy. You will be able to both direct the delivery of this strategy through agile management as well as produce detailed specifications for our product engineers. This role is for someone who is passionate about product design and technology and who is capable of making tough tradeoff decisions to make best use of our resources.
- You can communicate effectively with our market and customers to understand trends, requirements and competitive offers
- You can develop, research, evaluate and market test value propositions as a pre-cursor to defining the product roadmap
- You know what good customer experience looks like and will ensure this experience is delivered across all our products
- You are comfortable defining, owning and driving the product roadmap, working with multiple stakeholders and management
- You can effectively prioritise features and are adept at defining the minimum viable product
- You are comfortable taking a high level roadmap and working with the product owner to create and manage the backlog of user stories for our engineering team to work on
- You get things done and can communicate both the long term product vision and short term priorities to business stakeholders and the engineering team
- You are happy to mentor and support your colleagues in the product team, sharing best practices and lessons learned
- A minimum of 5 years software product management or product owner experience with a business product line generating at least £10m revenue annually
- Track record of successful software product development and release, including examples of the use of innovation to gain competitive advantage
- Experience of designing and developing value propositions
- Experience working closely with a marketing team to help define customer personas, articulating product benefits and assisting with product marketing and launches
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience of managing a product owner and/or a UX/UI designer
- Experience working for a company or organization that develops IT management tools would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability and drive to work with cross-functional teams, solve complex problems, advance decisions and produce high-quality results
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and work in a fast-paced, start-up style environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- High technical literacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Degree educated or equivalent
The role is based in our UK office in Reading, and will require occasional travel to visit customers and attend trade shows within EMEA and the US. You will report to Opsview’s VP of Engineering.
We offer a competitive salary, pension, health care plan, dental & optical cash back plan, group life insurance and income protection and a fun, socially active office. For an outstanding candidate we can also offer an attractive relocation package with this role.