We are looking for a passionate product leader to join our Investment Management team at AppFolio in Santa Barbara, CA. We are building the premier software platform for managing real estate investments across asset classes. AppFolio Investment Management is a new, dedicated team functioning like a startup inside a larger organization. We are growing rapidly and expanding AppFolio’s reach into new markets.
Our product management team is responsible for driving the vision, strategy, and execution of new products and services for the investment management industry. Our work impacts the day-to-day lives of millions of people who use our software or interact with the properties run by our customers. We are champions, go-getters, and big thinkers. We drive the success of our company by creating software and services that truly revolutionize our customers’ businesses.
In this role, you will lead product discovery and development for one or more engineering teams and take responsibility for a key product area. You will be instrumental to our product development organization by gathering relevant market and customer insights, leveraging strong business acumen, and driving product objectives through partnership across the organization. Your goal is to ensure our organization achieves against our key objectives and your engineering team(s) implement effective solutions that delight customers, win prospects, and meet stakeholder requirements.
You must be located in or willing to relocate to Santa Barbara, CA.
– Regularly gather feedback from customers and prospective customers to inform product improvements
– Drive our product and business forward through the conception & creation of innovative solutions that serve our market
– Take responsibility for a key product area, being the expert on the product functionality, customer user-cases, market, competition, long-term vision, and near-term roadmap
– Leverage your product & industry knowledge to build strong stakeholder relationships as well as providing direction and insight to your development teams
– Collaborate with teammates (especially UX designer) to craft elegant solutions to customer and business problems
– Conduct agile methodology including planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc
– Coordinate & lead customer interviews, both over the phone and in-person, to deepen personal and organizational understanding of our customers’ needs and desires
– Prepare & deliver clear, compelling presentations to customers, colleagues, and superiors
– Travel to customer events & industry trade shows at least once per quarter (once safe to do so)
– Minimum 3+ years of direct product management experience
– Solid track record of successfully delivering product and business outcomes
– Experience working collaboratively with agile software development teams
– Bachelor’s degree or higher required
– Direct experience in a B2B SaaS company and real estate or investment finance background is a plus
– Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead without authority
– Exhibit passion and enthusiasm for delivering value to customers and business
– Entrepreneurial drive to create product outcomes in the face of uncertainty
– Product instincts – you know how to make good product decisions
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
– Strong relationship-building capabilities
– Resilience and persistence to achieve business outcomes
– Keen business acumen and ability to drive business outcomes
– Flexible and adaptable with the ability to respond to changing priorities
– Excellent listening skills and demonstrated curiosity & empathy
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
At AppFolio, we value diversity in backgrounds and perspectives and depend on it to drive our innovative culture. That’s why we’re a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, and we believe that our products, our teams, and our business are stronger because of it. This means that no matter what race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status, you’re always welcome at AppFolio.