Hucoco is a fast-growing, direct-to-consumer startup distributing furniture online through French Marketplaces (e.g. Amazon). We achieved a 1,000%+ growth over the past 18 months, and we’re now looking to expand that success with our own B2C portal at the end of 2021.
We started as a remote-first company, with a global, fully distributed team across 10 countries. This creates an exciting, diverse & sharing environment and gives everyone a lot of flexibility in their work-life balance & locations.
Hucoco CEO Samuel Serra is a serial entrepreneur, with a record of successful exits across the UK and Europe.
As Hucoco grows, we’re looking for someone to come in and establish a Product function as part of the management team, reporting directly to the CEO. You’ll start by optimising our current state – crafting and implementing a strategy to increase sales and maximise efficiency, working across our tech stack, operational processes, and with our suppliers and partners.
Over the last 2 years, we have built our own tools – but it’s time to improve and build this for the next growth stage.
As you learn more about our business and the market, the role will expand to spearhead our B2C ambitions.
Why YOU should apply:
You want to put your own stamp on something. You want the opportunity to work with a startup that’s already successful, but to grow it to the next level – building a product function along the way.
You’ll create and own the roadmap. Focusing us on our goals and how to achieve them best is key to success.
You’ll be working hands-on with everybody – Tech, Data Science, Marketing, Operations, Support – ensuring that our priorities are clearly understood and based on our current needs. There’s going to include project management as well, at least initially.
You’ll work with the team to establish a collaborative and product-thinking mindset, mentor and coach others, and build out the team.
You’ll make sure things get done. Ideas are great, but the value comes from execution.
(These are critical to success in the role.)
- Culture is important – we’re looking for a team player, with excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo, but you do it with data, influence, and a good attitude rather than confrontation.
- You work with people to create change, not impose it on them.
- You know your limitations – in that you know when to ask for help.
- You have strong attention to detail – you’re able to think at the Strategic level, but zoom in and focus on the Tactical & practical as well.
- The team works in English, but our target market is French. We need someone who speaks both languages and has a strong understanding of the French market and culture.
- A general understanding of Data Science and using data to influence decisions. We have a Data Scientist; you’ll be working with them to generate and collect data, run experiments, and prioritise learnings to drive our strategy forward.
- A bias towards action/entrepreneurial mindset. This is a start-up; we don’t have the space for someone who doesn’t roll up their sleeves and makes sure that things get done. You don’t wait for other people to tell you what to do.
- Experience with developing a real, complex product in the eCommerce space.
- Experience in the discovery phase, ideally with customers, suppliers and partners.
Nice to haves:
(Apply even if you don’t have most of these, but be ready to tell us why you’re right for the role.)
- AB testing expertise
- You’ve automated complex operational processes.
- Other language skills are a bonus, particularly Polish.
- Previous experience working with a Data Scientist/team.
- Both B2B and B2C experience.
- DevOps experience.
- Knowledge of the furniture industry landscape.
- You’ve worked with PHP and MySQL.
Qualifications, skills & experience:
You’ve got some real experience, and have learned some good lessons from it. We’ve met people who have done this for ages and haven’t learned much of anything, as well as people who are still young but have learned a ton.
You’ve worked with a small team before, and know how to make a difference. You’ve seen a small team grow, and know what good looks like from both a business, operational and culture perspective.
- Work from anywhere
- Stock Options