We are looking for a passionate and skilled Product Manager to help us build and scale technology that powers the film and TV production industry.
The purpose of this role is to productise our delivery offer. To create and define a scalable approach to the solution design of the customisable elements to the platform, in the production portal space – to enable our international and segment growth.
We are focused on delivering great user value to productions, casting agents, artists and crew. We are removing the headache of friction filled on and offset processes, using our clever platform. A dynamic, creative industry – you could be part of the fabric of how Hollywood productions get made.
Having recently raised £2M in seed funding and launched in the US, POP is now driving into the next stage of growth. We have already got 30% of the UK casting market and have our sights set on expanding that and our production and crew offering exponentially, as make a big mark on the US this year alone. POP’s credits already include box office blockbusters such as; Spectre, Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens, Wonder Woman and Darkest Hour.
As Product Manager you will have a meaningful impact on helping us reach our business objectives, not just to optimise and grow our product suite, but also to scale the platform, launch into new markets and fuel our expansion across the US.
You will be joining a passionate, ambitious team of industry and discipline experts – we know film and we know tech.
POP is a great place to work – a special culture that our employees rate as the best they have ever worked in, all on an exciting mission to disrupt the film and TV industry, you would be joining a unique and exciting company.
The scope of this role
- Ownership of the solution strategy – stakeholders alignment, understanding the requirements of a scalable solutions model for current and new segments, get into the detail, see patterns and suggest ways forward – and create a vision for the solution strategy.
- Own the success of the solution – be persuasive – lead in communicating the benefits of the solution internally and with clients and in getting the first few instances up and running.
- Defining and iterating the strategic process for the productisation of the configuration process: Including standardisation within new segments. And opportunities to optimize the V1 standards we have – to drive for a reduced onboarding process, that is delivered with higher quality, and improving speed to go live for clients
- Individual client and patterns in the market
- Our business
- Creating and driving a solution that enables clients to achieve their outcomes with a scalable, stable and high quality model that works with the rest of the platform.
The role requirements
- Creative product manager who can define, validate, triangulate and set the vision for the delivery of the customisable elements of the product. This may include exploring and direction setting for driving the evolution of different approaches, for example: – Creation of Standards
– Drive the evolution agenda for custom solutions, so that in time, these solutions become part of the standard feature & can be sunset from the custom menu (intended to support cycle of custom solution > BAU > repeat)
– In segments where standards are not possible, controls and defaults to enable a higher quality and less bespoke delivery model
- To define a scalable client model that enables scalable growth in new territories and new segments
- Who can work with the solutions and configuration team to execute effective on the vision and strategy and marshall delivery and execution of this effectively
- Who can work in partnership with commercial to support on the articulation of the product – and with Customer Success to optimize the clients inputs to further enhance the process
- Who can work with the head of operations to define a product that the operations can execute against at scale – and advise where increased efficiency gains could be leveraged in the operations process
- Who can work with the head of operations to prioritise and execute against a backlog of problem and solutions, where the machine of delivery can be optimized to deliver a more efficient execution of the product vision
- Launch and coordinate/ lead readiness process to ensure solution is executed and adopted by the market
- Proven experience (3+ years) in strategic solution design (the ability to engage in and understand the detail but to come up to a higher level solution vision)
- 3+ years proven product management experience – having owned the end to end requirements gathering, triangulation of solution strategy, and ability to execute to roll out and adoption. Can work autonomously from discovery through to optimization.
- Experience of managing effective execution of the solutions or strategies you have designed, designing and managing process and systems (for process control and refinement)
- Demonstrated ability to own a problem – being credible, confident and capable to build credibility and trust
- Credible as a leader in creating, seeking buy in and executing against a product vision
- Experience in operating in an environment of scale
- Proven ability to link the business metrics to the solution
- Delivering a clear solution – proven experience of applying product management techniques to a process or an approach
- Proven in the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, to create buy in for the vision
- Proven ability to say ‘no’ – make strategic decisions on when to accept requirements and when to say no