We are Zego, a global insurtech scale-up providing cover that creates possibilities.
In an ever-changing world, insurance is struggling to keep up. Through the power of emerging technologies, we are creating fairer products designed for the 21st century.
In 2019, we closed our series B funding round, raising $42M from top-tier investors that will fuel our growth into new territories and the expansion of our product portfolio. Also, we were listed in the Fintech 50 and placed number 7 in the Startups 100. More recently, we were accepted into the Tech Nation Future 50 2020 cohort and won medium-sized Tech Company of the Year 2020, solidifying our place as one of the UK’s most exciting and influential tech companies.
We are now looking for a talented Product Manager to work on our Mobile App(s).
Overview of the Product team
We believe that product management is critical to Zego’s future success, so we’re building a team where product managers have the opportunity to learn, contribute and take exciting calculated risks. We’re doing this by ensuring that product strategy underpins everything that we do, and that our Product Managers are empowered to make decisions, in collaboration with the engineering team and other stakeholders.
Working in an Agile environment, our team helps to scope and build scalable complex systems, from consumer-facing products to internal tooling. As we move forward, we are looking to embed data-driven and problem-obsessed domain expertise into everything that we do, ensuring that product-based thinking is central to Zego’s decision making.
Purpose of the role
We have recently launched a telematics app that is critical to Zego’s success. The Zego app collects behavioural driving data on which we can build a better understanding of a user’s risk and provide better, fairer pricing to our customers. Alongside this data collection, it’s equally important that we build out great user experiences and functionality for the end user. This role will product manage the app development team to help them scope the requirements and ensure that we are building out the highest value features in a scalable way. The Product Manager will work closely with Product leadership and key stakeholders in the business to refine a vision for the app and manage the app roadmap and builds.
What you will be working on
- You will work closely with design, engineering and data teams to identify and develop new product opportunities that enhance and expand Zego’s app capabilities and user experiences
- You will use your experience of product development to collaborate with Product, Design, UX and Engineering teams
- You will be responsible for writing comprehensive user stories related to app releases, scoping technical work, grooming the backlog and prioritising app development work (working alongside the Engineering team)
- You will be responsible for ensuring that user feedback is factored into ongoing design and development sprints, working alongside the UX Research team
- You will be jointly responsible for setting the app development roadmap, working alongside Product Leadership
- You will represent key stakeholders and play a critical role in re-aligning initiatives and plans to meet their immediate and future needs. You will utilise data to inform and solve complex problems
What you will need to be successful
- You have worked in innovative product teams, with an understanding of what it means to be developing technology products for an international business
- You are a technically savvy Product Manager, with knowledge of app development, and are able to lead conversations with engineering and design teams
- You have a background in mobile app development and have worked within an agile Product team
- You are highly organised and able to maintain detailed documentation and manage processes and stakeholder inputs
- You demonstrate value through building data-driven products
- You are analytical and able to draw extensive insights from qualitative and quantitative data
What it’s like to work @ Zego
Zego has a truly international and inclusive team, unified by great ideas and collaborative thoughtfulness. Our people are the most important part of our story and everyone plays an essential role in our journey. We look for people who have expertise, enthusiasm and who are motivated by change. There’s plenty of room to learn and grow, as part of our ongoing training programmes or directly from other experts. You’ll work alongside a talented group of people who respect each other’s differences and seek to understand fresh perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.