Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.6 million borrowers in 95 countries. Our lenders fund over $13 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Senior Product Manager at Kiva you’ll be responsible for thought leadership and driving initiatives that affect lenders and borrowers around the world. We are seeking an experienced product manager with a track record of achieving business outcomes by building amazing customer-facing products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Kiva’s mission and exhibit impressive product, technical and leadership skills.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a senior voice in the Kiva Marketplace organization, leading a roadmap for our Marketplace products by identifying opportunities to drive value for Kiva’s customers.
- Lead across the entire product lifecycle, from research and requirements to design, build and launch to measuring impact and optimizing.
- Run a rapid experimentation cycle to test hypotheses and optimize products
- Ensure the smooth rollout of new features and the continued quality and performance of existing features.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, marketing and other Kiva teams.
- Serve as the voice of the user and ensure that we are appropriately balancing the needs of our lenders, borrowers and the Kiva organization.
- 5+ years in a consumer tech-focused product management role.
Experience with a consumer marketplace product and consumer mobile apps preferred.
- Proven ability to deliver results by developing, prioritizing and delivering on a roadmap that addresses customer needs and pain points via innovative products.
- Strong execution orientation, with a deep understanding of the product development lifecycle and experience in an agile software development environment
- Data-driven and analytical, with demonstrated ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative inputs to inform business decision making
- Demonstrated success in highly collaborative environments
Self-starter and leader with proven ability to work through uncertainty
- Passionate about Kiva and its long-term potential.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!