Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.4 billion in loan capital for 3.6 million borrowers in 95 countries. Our lenders fund over $13 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
As a Senior Product Data Analyst at Kiva, you’ll be responsible for leading analytics initiatives that affect lenders, borrowers and Kiva staff around the world. We are seeking someone who is passionate about the Kiva mission and has a track record of developing actionable product insights, driving data self-service, and providing analytics thought leadership. This role will be responsible for delivering customer-focused data insights that inform the product roadmap and broader Kiva strategy, delivering ongoing trend analysis into drivers of Kiva’s key product metrics, and leading Kiva’s analytics roadmap.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be a senior voice in the organization, discovering customer-focused data insights that inform and lead the direction of Kiva’s product
- Conduct exploratory analysis to understand the drivers of Kiva’s current product performance and to identify new opportunities for product features and experiments (e.g., customer segmentation, pathing analysis)
- Design and measure the impact of product experiments, synthesize learnings, and inform and update Kiva’s strategic hypotheses
- Perform ongoing trend analysis to inform day-to-day decisions by defining metrics, building critical company dashboards, and sharing out ad hoc analysis
- Disseminate learnings across the business, to product managers, engineers, marketers, and up through senior and executive leadership
- Contribute, alongside data science, to the development of our shared data layer
- Provide leadership on a range of analytics work occurring across the company, including mentoring data users in support of self-service
- 5+ years experience in data analytics, business analytics, data science, economics, statistics or related field
- Consistent record of conducting proactive data analysis, distilling actionable takeaways, making recommendations, and helping the business act on those recommendations
- Experience designing and evaluating statistical tests, including multivariate tests with non-binary outcome variables
- Well-versed in SQL and facile with Python, R or other statistical packages
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience working with cross-functional stakeholders and executives
- Comfortable extensively using BI tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau)
- Experience mentoring others strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and drive change.
- Passionate about Kiva and its long term potential.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a team of engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from colleagues and partners around the world
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.