Eight years ago Snowplow was born out of open-source engineering. It has since evolved into a Product company and 18 months ago we recruited our Head of Design and Research to focus on our product and service delivery. We’re now looking for someone to take ownership of product & user research at Snowplow.
This role will deliver insights that help teams around Snowplow make better, more informed decisions around business, product and service delivery. You will have the opportunity and backing to define and grow the research function at Snowplow and can play a pivotal role in the company’s development and growth.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with your peers in Product to deliver insights that help Designers and Product Managers understand our audience and make more informed decisions.
- Working with stakeholders in the wider business to deliver insights that help inform business decisions.
- Identifying opportunities for research initiatives that will deliver value to the organization – turning opinions and debates into learning opportunities.
- Empowering others in the business to run better research and contribute to our learning as an organization.
- Taking ownership of research processes at Snowplow such as user recruitment, research planning and our research repository.
- Conduct research using the right mix of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Communicate findings in a compelling way by creating narratives, using storytelling techniques and delivering actionable insights for stakeholders.
- Participate in co-creation sessions with the Product team.
- Develop subject matter expertise within the Data industry.
This is a list of ideals so if you feel you meet some, but not all, of the below and are excited to work hard to grow into the role then please do apply.
Among some more general characteristics like curiosity, good initiative and self-direction, collaborative in approach, and a desire for personal development, some of the more role-specific things we are looking for are:
- A relevant degree or experience and results in a relevant role – for example in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Human Factors or other relevant field.
- Well versed in a variety of user research methods and comfortable working with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong communication skills – able to contextualize and articulate research insights clearly.
- Experience of growing research as a team of one, or a keen desire to take on this challenge!
- Experience of delivering research that helps us better understand where we should put our engineering effort and what the willingness to pay for features we develop is.
- A familiarity with the technology space; and ideally the data space.
- Experience working as a researcher in an industry with a specialized audience and recruiting from that audience.
Why should you be excited about this role?
- The Snowplow Product team is continuing to grow; as our first research hire you will have the remit to own research at Snowplow.
- You will have autonomy and ownership of your role and plenty of opportunity for growth.
There is a large appetite for learning and informed decision making at Snowplow – we just need the right person to help us.
- We’ve evolved from an engineering company to a product company that solves our customers problems where research plays a pivotal role.
- We have a lot of decisions to make in the coming months and we need help making sure we making the best, most informed decisions we can!
Who will you be working with?
- You will report into the Head of Design and Research.
- You will be a part of the Product Team at Snowplow, working with Product Managers to help us understand:
– The different stakeholders at our Customers and the problems that they face
– The effectiveness of our proposed solutions to those problems
– The value that we create, and how best we should monetize
- You will work with the broader Snowplow Team, to help all of us better understand our Customers and Prospects, and design all aspects of our product and service delivery to better meet their needs, enabling us all to be more customer-centric
What you’ll get in return:
- A competitive package, including share options
25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
- Cycle to work scheme
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
- Mental health support including therapy sessions
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook Pro
- Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!
Snowplow is dedicated to building and supporting a brilliant, diverse and hugely inclusive team. We don’t discriminate against gender, race, religion or belief, disability, age, marital status or sexual orientation. Whatever your background may be, we welcome anyone with talent, drive and emotional intelligence.
About Snowplow and the industry
The companies that win today are those that put an understanding of their customers and prospects at the heart of their organisation; the investment in a central data team is an essential part of this journey. COVID-19 and the global switch-off of the in-person economy is accelerating these trends: interacting with and understanding your customers online is key to surviving and thriving in the new environment.
At Snowplow we are focused on powering the data journey that these central data teams are embarking on. To win in the new world, it’s essential that the data team can focus on the journey to value and mastery, and not get derailed by costly data delivery issues or burdensome organizational complexity. Snowplow helps data teams to do this, offering a data delivery platform that collects and operationalizes behavioral data, at scale.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users; Snowplow is well placed to weather the ongoing economic storm, having recently closed its Series A2 fundraising with Atlantic Bridge and MMC Ventures. The Snowplow team is delighted to announce that Gartner has recognised us as a cool vendor in Marketing and Data Analytics 2020.
The environment you’ll be working in:
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence.
These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day to day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.