Owned by Jeff Bezos, Arc Publishing (https://www.arcpublishing.com/) is a state-of-the-art digital experience platform engineered to meet the demands of enterprise brands and media and entertainment companies around the world. An integrated ecosystem of cloud-based tools, Arc helps create and distribute content, drive digital commerce, and deliver powerful multichannel experiences to both internal and external audiences. Today, Arc powers more than 1,400 sites across 23 countries, reaching over 1.5 billion unique monthly visitors.
As an increasing number of customers move their critical business processes to Arc, we are in need of a Senior Technical Product Manager to own the development of one of our key technical products: the delivery system that Arc uses to distribute content from thousands of creators to hundreds of millions of readers, consumers and users every day. This invisible system is key part of Arc’s value proposition — it handles a major scalability concern so that our customers don’t have to. Arc manages the complexity of content delivery at scale across thousands of customer websites leveraging both strategic technology partners and home-grown technology. Many of our customers’ websites are the largest of their category in the world, and collectively we serve websites that reach well over a billion unique visitors every month.
In this role, you will use client feedback to drive platform and feature improvement, while also looking to the overall business goals of Arc to drive a long-term, strategic roadmap for our delivery technical product. You will be responsible for identifying and understanding key customer and internal stakeholder needs and defining both internal processes and product features that can address those needs in both the short and long term. You will need to perform significant research of the existing delivery system, customer needs and competitive offerings and synthesize a clear product vision and path to achieve it. Ultimately, you will also work directly with the engineering team to implement your roadmap.
You should have deep experience with delivering content and commerce experiences at high scale. More specifically, you know your way around the finer points of CDN configuration, web origins, WAF rules, and running a network of sites. You have experience in an enterprise SaaS environment, and are excited by the idea of productizing a delivery layer in a way that is capable of serving the worlds largest businesses and media companies, but that can be maintained and operated as software-as-a-service.
The ideal candidate will bring a mix of organizational, execution, communication, and critical thinking skills — and a commitment to constantly improve the customer experience. This is a senior-level position and the candidate will be expected to hit the ground running with minimal ramp-up time. Arc is a large software offering used in many ways by different types of customers; you need to be comfortable collaborating across a variety of technical and non-technical teams, and you need to be able to communicate effectively with both. You also should be comfortable communicating with customers, including senior stakeholders on customer teams.
In this role you will:
- Create, manage and evangelize a strategic roadmap for Arc’s web and API delivery products
- Incorporate user feedback, business goals and engineering requirements into a living roadmap for the Delivery product
- Coordinate product release activities across multiple teams, driving internal team coordination and clear communication
- Engage with engineers and other product managers to identify, validate and execute on key roadmap initiatives
- Solicit client feedback to drive platform and feature improvement
- Describe, demo and document key technical features of the Delivery product for Arc customers and internal users as subject matter expert
- Identify internal processes and product features that will advance those goals in both the short and long term
- Identify key metrics to drive adoption of new features and best practices, and report them to stakeholders
- At least 5 years experience combined experience in product management and web engineering, including:
- Analyzing customer feedback, user research and performance data to guide product feature development
- Conducting customer research sessions
- Managing and prioritizing against a backlog and roadmap
- Communicating directly with customers across multiple formats and streams — e.g. writing documentation, creating videos, meeting directly
- Working with designers, engineers and other stakeholders to launch products in an agile manner
- 1-2 years experience working within an enterprise SaaS business
- Working knowledge of Agile processes and principles
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally among editorial, sales, technical, and executive teams, explaining complex concepts using appropriate terminology for stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge of or experience with Akamai, Cloudflare, Speedly, AWS CloudFront or another CDN
- General knowledge of HTTP and web development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn’t end in the Newsroom – dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator – how will you Impact Tomorrow?