At many of the best SaaS companies in the world, CloudZero helps high-performing software engineering teams innovate profitably. Just as engineers take responsibility for performance by using products like DataDog, or take responsibility for their application’s security with products like Snyk, CloudZero puts Engineering in control by connecting technical decisions to business results.
Our users are highly technical and incredibly busy, so they need tools that get them what they need and then get out of their way. Other users are executives who rely on the insights that our platform provides to make critical strategic decisions for their business. It’s a great challenge to meet this range of needs with a single tool, so we’re looking for a product leader to help dream-up, prioritize, and manage the delivery of the right high-value features as we rapidly grow.
We are a small, fast-moving team, so you’ll have an opportunity to do a bit of everything that a great Product Manager does. You’ll start with a deep understanding of our customers and the challenges they face building software in the cloud. You’ll gather and analyze signals coming from sales, customer success, and the market. You’ll translate this understanding into an actionable product plan and work closely with the engineering and UX teams to design and implement it. And you’ll bring your own voice to the work: we want it to be a voice that represents a diverse perspective, that’s bold, that’s empathetic, and respectful. We value creating a team that reflects the wonderful diversity of our world – so we encourage you to speak with us especially if your background is one that is typically underrepresented in tech.
The reward is being an early and influential member of our team as we rapidly grow. We’ll look to you to establish practices that will take us into our next phase as we expand. If you’re interested in taking a leadership role, that will be available to you. But we will also have other great opportunities for growth if management isn’t your thing.
- Define, design and deliver new product capabilities that make hard tasks easy for technical users at SaaS companies and digitally native businesses
- Understand how customers use our existing product capabilities and find ways to improve them
- Use Productboard to gather and organize feature requests and assess them for impact to our roadmap
- Use JIRA to groom the backlog and keep the engineering teams operating at top velocity
- Write vision documents and other artifacts to communicate the intent of features
- Evangelize the solution among existing customers, prospects, and the market as a whole
- Work with pretty much everyone in the company – particularly closely with engineers and UX designers. But also marketing and sales and customer success. You can personally impact the outcomes of all of these teams.
- Experienced working on SaaS products, particularly B2B
- Deeply familiar with the engineering side of software development; DevOps, cloud computing, containers, etc. should all be topics that you’re comfortable with
- Comfortable with “startup pace” with its tight feedback cycles and short sprints
- Experienced with (or not afraid to learn) technical products in complex domains
- Relaxed and comfortable speaking with a range of customers and prospects to gather feedback and support go-to-market efforts
- A remote-first work situation with a Boston HQ
- Boston market compensation
- Full benefits (insurance, PTO)
- The tools you need to be successful
- A values-driven team