Symplectic is a leading developer of integrated research information management systems. Our flagship product Elements is used by thousands of researchers, research managers and repository managers across the globe. In 2010, we became a portfolio company of Digital Science, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited.
We believe that a relaxed, fun working environment and getting along with your peers is key to productivity. Based in Kings Cross, London, our open plan office means you’ll be working and learning directly from senior members of staff and the rest of the Digital Science team
As Product Manager at Symplectic, you will assume responsibility for our product backlog and work closely with the whole team to help prioritise our development activity and ensure our products remain well aligned with the needs of our growing client base.
Contributing to the strategic direction of the company’s products, you will assume responsibility for the company’s product roadmap and work with our product marketing and sales teams to inform product positioning, key benefits, and to serve as the internal and external evangelist for our products.
The successful candidate will have recent experience of working in an Agile product development environment, e.g. Scrum or Kanban and champion the active engagement of customers throughout the product development cycle.
You will possess a unique blend of domain knowledge and be technically savvy. You must enjoy spending time with clients to understand their problems and find innovative solutions to meet client needs.
You will work best in cross-functional teams and will be excited by the challenge of working within a leading software house operating in a competitive industry.
- Produce product roadmaps, lead project planning and contribute to the future strategic direction of our product set
- Perform day-to-day coordination of team member tasks within the product development cycle
- Work with the product development team to ensure business requirements are correctly reflected during the product development process
- Act as the product expert retaining and communicating all product history
- Responsibility for product compliance with statutory and/or mandated requirements
- Responsibility for the product delivery schedule
- Specifying market requirements for current and future product extensions through market research and supported by on-site visits to current and prospective clients
- Assist in the organisation and delivery of strategic projects
- Contribute positively to the overall team dynamic; participate in stand-up meetings, lead planning and design sessions and participate in retrospectives.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Significant software product management experience
- Forming collaborative relationships with business and technical stakeholders to help ensure client requirements are met and expectations are appropriately managed
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Computer Science ordegree, or industry experience is desirable
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Domain experience; Higher Education, Research and / or Publishing.