Customer Insight Platform (CIP) – Product Owner
Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car hire booking service – arranging over 7 million rentals a year in more than 48,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,300 people from 60+ countries across 2 sites in Manchester city centre. Our mission is empowering people to do and discover more and our business and market sector is growing rapidly.
As a part of Priceline Group we are a member of the world’s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world’s leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Kayak, Agoda and OpenTable.
Priceline is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, Priceline was one of Fortunes “most admired companies” for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook and Amazon in the tech space.
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to work within a highly engaged team who are working on enhancing our personalisation within Rentalcars.com and create a single customer view. We are looking to improve personalise our customers experience throughout their user journey via suitable channels, add in features which will enhance the customer experience and be of commercial benefit to the business too. So a great opportunity to add value and be involved in such an exciting project. You should have the vision to understand the potential value of machine learning in the product too.
You will report directly into a Senior Product Owner. As part of a fast growing Tech Company, high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future customer needs
- Work with the Senior Product Owner and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy vision for your product to deliver against those needs
- Work collaboratively with a delivery team of developers, designers and testers to design and deliver products to delight our customers
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of your product
- Work with agile coaches and your team to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with multiple key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into your product development
- Analytical in approach; determined and passionate about delivering an impact
- Commitment to personal and professional development; seeks and acts on feedback
- Desires to understand how business processes and systems work; not afraid to get into the detail
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels within the business
- Plans and prioritises effectively; comfortable with ambiguity and pragmatism when plans change
- Seeks out new opportunities with an entrepreneurial style
Desired Skills & Experience
- Background in Personalisation for web, email and other channels
- Degree educated
- 2+ years’ experience working as a product owner or similar role
- Proven experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Strong Excel and SQL experience preferable
- Agile experience helpful
- Understanding of machine learning would be an advantage