Ecommerce Product Manager
The Hired Guns digital talent agency are seeking seven Product Managers for a top retailer with an enormous online presence. You’ll be a key leader in the evolution of the online shopping experience, with an eye toward innovating.
The Nitty Gritty
The backstory on the organization and why they need to hire you!
At this giant in both e-commerce and brick-and-mortar, there’s really only one digital “product”: the overall e-commerce site. But there are many key facets — account, bag, browse / discovery, homepage, search, security and risk, checkout, and many others — that have to work in concert with one another to achieve key business goals while improving the overall shopping experience. As a Product Manager, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to incorporate industry-leading best practices (along with innovative ideas of your own) for the domain that you’re best suited for.
To accomplish that, you’ll work closely with stakeholders across the organization to develop and then own a roadmap of product innovations. At the same time, you’ll stay abreast of developments from throughout the product management organization and make sure they enhance and do not increase friction in the checkout experience. You’ll develop business cases and pitch them successfully to leadership, look around corners for as-yet unanticipated problems, and effectively envision a user experience in which checkout integrates smoothly with a seamless process flow.
How you’ll know if you’re a fit…
We’re looking for at least four years of product management experience. There are Product Manager roles as well as Senior Product Manager roles (6 – 12 years of product experience). The following teams are hiring Product Managers
1. Mobile App – Senior product manger focused on UI and innovation, including mobile checkout, touchless shopping experiences, etc.
2. Mobile App – Product manager who can build relationships cross-functionally and own the intersection of app + store.
3. Search – Senior product manager owning the product catalog and taxonomy.
4. Emerging Products – This team needs a product manager with a strong ability to move products from idea to execution.
5. Checkout – Product manager to elevate and make frictionless the checkout experience.
6. Homepage – Senior product managers with product marketing backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
7. Fulfillment – Senior product manager with a strong bias to action and a focus on the customer who can wow a customer’s experience fulfilling all orders.
There are a lot of industry backgrounds that could be relevant: e-commerce, retail, management consulting, financial services…
You’re a highly adept communicator, making your case persuasively in presentations and written business cases. You excel at building relationships with internal stakeholders whose input and buy-in you need to accomplish your objectives. Last but not least, you’re highly data-driven and analytical, and you always have the facts to back up your recommendations.
The Inside Skinny
Why you should quit your job right now and join this organization!
You’re an unusual blend of talents and interests — product, UX, transaction flow, and more — who loves the nuts and bolts of creating a well-oiled process that’s a pleasure for a user to navigate. And you relish the fact that your efforts are what make the cha-ching happen. Here’s an amazing opportunity that will challenge you and fully exercise your many skills.
Related keywords: ecommerce, ecommerce manager, marketing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 – $190,000.00 per year