We are looking for a brilliant mobile apps product owner
Rentalcars.com is the world’s largest online car hire booking service – arranging over 7 million rentals a year in more than 48,000 locations worldwide. We employ over 1,000 people from 70 countries across 2 sites in Manchester city centre. Our mission is empowering people to do and discover more.
As a part of Priceline Group we are a member of the world’s leading and most valuable travel group. Other group companies include: Booking.com the world’s leading online hotel reservations agency, Priceline.com, Kayak, Agoda and OpenTable.
Priceline is the third largest e-commerce company in the world (behind Amazon and Alibaba). In 2015, Priceline was one of Fortunes “most admired companies” for the third year in a row, behind only Alphabet (Google), Facebook and Amazon in the tech space.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Mobile Apps Product Owner who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment and lives to delight the customer. You will be responsible for delivering product excellence and innovation throughout the rentalcars.com iOS and Android apps working with a large, multi-skilled product team.
In conjuncture with the Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for defining the product strategy and roadmap to deliver an experience than is second to none in the travel industry.
As part of a Tech Company growing quickly , high performers can expect extensive opportunities for progression and development.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future customer needs
- Work with the Senior Product Owner and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy and vision for mobile apps at rentalcars.com
- Work collaboratively with a delivery team of developers, designers and testers to deliver an app experience to delight our customers
- Work with marketing to develop an effective product marketing plan for mobile apps
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of the mobile app
- Work with agile coaches and your team to drive continuous efficiency improvements
- Communicate with multiple key stakeholders to keep them up to date and bought into your product development
- Analytical in approach; determined and passionate about delivering an impact
- Passionate about technology and how it can be used to solve customer problems
- Commitment to personal and professional development; seeks and acts on feedback
- Desires to understand how business processes and systems work; not afraid to get into the detail
- Able to communicate effectively to all levels within the business
- Plans and prioritises effectively; comfortable with ambiguity and pragmatism when plans change
- Seeks out new opportunities with an entrepreneurial style
Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree educated
- 3+ years’ experience working as an apps product owner or similar role
- Strong understanding of mobile apps analytical tools and corresponding metrics
- Proven experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational & time management skills
- Strong Excel and SQL experience preferable
- Agile experience helpful