Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
Numerator is looking for a talented and passionate User Engagement Manager to join our team. Your job will be to own the overall health and well-being of our shopper panel where you will get the opportunity to set the vision and strategy that drives engagement and retention for existing users and attracts new users to our mobile apps.
As our User Engagement Manager you will get the chance to influence our strategy by developing visionary plans to engage the users of the Receipt Hog app; personalizing the content and message they receive to help our users form lasting social connections. Working as part of our Data and Product org, you will work closely with cross-functional teams such as data science, app, marketing, and product to uncover patterns in user behavior and spearhead initiatives that will enable us to ensure we can deliver rich insights to our customers. Simply put, every day you will focus on making our panel as healthy and engaged as it can be.
This is a new role within our company and we are looking for a key contributor who will embody our culture and will help us continue to grow our world-class team here at Numerator. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, where you will get to help define, size, and execute a strategy designed to retain and engage new panelists and identify new opportunities for growth.
- Deeply understand and advocate for our new and existing panelists, acquiring a knowledge base with target market audiences to refine the app product strategy and find product/market fit.
- Develop and define KPIs that will allow us to track dimensions of user behavior, gauge user churn/retention utilizing data from our apps and data warehouse.
- Partner with Product and Data Science to develop metrics and models related to churn prevention and identify new ways to increase retention of our most valuable users.
- Serve as a thought leader for the greater panel team; incorporate our engagement strategy into our broader product vision and ensure alignment across our platform.
- Work with apps team to set up and execute A/B tests in the app to test new engagement features and use statistical inference to drive go/no-go decisions on implementing these features for all users in the app.
- Utilize segmentation techniques to go beyond basic demographic segmentation to better understand our user base and impact their retention; interact directly with users to gain context around their behavior.
- Convey insights to senior leadership through the use of data visualizations and slide decks.
What you bring
- 4+ years of experience in an Engagement/Retention role where you use data insights to drive strategic approaches and initiatives. Experience managing a consumer panel or consumer subscription/loyalty program is a plus.
- You have strong project management skills with a proven track record in coordinating multiple projects simultaneously across multiple teams.
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
- Previous experience performing data analysis and creating reports in BI tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Pioneering self-starter, motivated by doing things differently and participating in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment.
- Very strong critical thinking and analysis skills with the ability to take an ambiguous problem, use data-informed brainstorming, identify goals and clear metrics, and drive a team to deliver on those goals.
- Good user instincts – experience working with design, user research, running experiments, and iterating on ideas to benefit end-users; experience with direct-to-consumer products is a plus.
- Experience with mobile digital consumer products at a large scale a plus.
Nice to haves
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Computer Science or equivalent coursework at undergraduate/graduate level.
- Experience modeling user behavior and driving retention at a consumer technology company.
- Business analysis & delivery for projects with visualization is a differentiator.
- Work experience in Market Research and working closely with data and analytics teams to build out products.
What we offer
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture – we work in an open environment while working together to get things done and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- An opportunity to have an impact on our growing teams and organization.
- Ownership of your job as well as the platforms and environments with the industry-leading products.
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences, and employee resources groups.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and work with people across the entire company.
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, unlimited PTO, recharge days, 401k matching, and more.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don’t worry if you think that you don’t meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.