We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to help build the next generation of hotel marketplace, FindHotel. If you like the idea of solving some of the toughest problems in travel, creating great user experiences and delivering products and features that are used and loved by millions of users per month – you might be the person we’re looking for! We’re solving a wide range of problems in every area from data science to marketing, from our website to our analytics platform, and everything in between. The specific area you’ll own will depend on your skills, experience and interests.
Want to know more about the role of Product Owner at FindHotel? Check out our blog!
What you tell your friends you do
“We’re on a journey and I’m helping to draw the map, put fuel in the tank and make sure the driver is taking all the right turns. And I made a kick-ass mix tape too!“
What you will really be doing
- Owning product development and execution for a key area of our business; you will define the strategy and overall product roadmap and set priorities for a talented cross-functional squad
- Lead a multifunctional team to ensure your roadmap is executed efficiently. Managing the product backlog and ensuring delivery – you help to conceive the features and functionality, convert them to technical requirements, manage the build and implementation, and measure the impact.
- Building a water-tight process for getting things done and delivering on our goals; if there’s something we should be doing you make it happen.
- Helping to shape the direction of our company, you’ll be involved with the leadership team in planning, prioritisation and synchronisation.
- Have your finger on the pulse of the latest technology and changes in our industry to assess their relevance to our product and our end-users.
- Work with your team to integrate user research, A/B testing and business value into product requirements to continuously improve user experience and performance
- Proactively mentor and build a killer team
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a squad stand-up and help remove any roadblocks the team is facing. Before lunch you review the results of a recent A/B test with some of the team and learn that it failed to improve the associated KPI; the data you have gathered is invaluable and you immediately incorporate this learning into your planning. After lunch you work with some of the team to identify a problem and start defining a smart and scalable solution. Before heading home, you grab a beer (or other tasty beverage) and review the roadmap with the other POs in the company, the CTO and the CEO to look for challenges ahead, validate ideas and spot opportunities.
Who you’ll be working with
You will be leading a squad of talented, cross-functional team members. The exact structure of the team will depend on the problems you’re solving and the resources you need to achieve your objectives.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned our product to a new platform, built a great team, and are looking to grow traffic from 2M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year by delivering experiences our customers love.
- Completing our mission relies upon rapidly evolving our product to become an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online travel is a rare opportunity to make a dent in the world.
- We are a profitable company that grew from 12 to more than 30 team members in the past year, with a strong user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It’s an exciting journey in a company where decision making is driven by data.
What we offer
- Diverse and talented colleagues from every corner of the world in a start-up environment
- An agile mind-set where communication and initiative is valued
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short democratic decision paths
- All the usual start-up perks – delicious lunches, unlimited snacks and beer, ping pong and foosball, company trips, etc.
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off vacation policy
- Spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
- Visa and relocation assistance if required
People we love:
- Experience leading an agile software development team – both in daily execution and long term vision and strategy
- A proven track record delivering technically complex products
- A great instinct for developing innovative products and features, designed to delight customers
- You are experienced with experimentation at scale – you thrive on testing and validating your ideas
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English
Tip: check out our blog posts before applying