Do you love to solve complex design problems? Are you excited about building extraordinary customer journeys? Are you looking for teammates who appreciate open communication and face challenges together?
Dynatrace R&D lab in Gdansk focuses on our Infrastructure Monitoring solution, a key part of our product that in essence provides a single source of truth for cloud platforms and the related infrastructure, while enabling seamless team collaboration.
Business, Development, and Operations teams don’t have time nor resources to waste dealing with alert storms, data silos, and war rooms. With Dynatrace they can for example get automatic and intelligent observability across cloud and hybrid environments, with continuous auto-discovery of hosts, VMs, serverless, cloud services, containers and Kubernetes, network, devices, logs, events, and more. All in context, and with precise AI-powered answers.
About the role
As an experienced Product Experience Designer you will join a global team of 25+ designers sitting across our R&D labs in Poland, Austria, Spain, and the United States. You will focus on improving the end-to-end UX of Infrastructure Monitoring, working in close collaboration with product managers, software engineers, and of course other design practitioners. You will tackle complex challenges and help bring the company vision to life by shaping intuitive and delightful customer journeys, significantly impacting development and future direction of our product.
You’ll be responsible for
- Owning and iteratively improving the end-to-end user experience of our Infrastructure Monitoring (IM) solution — e.g. by improving analysis of Kubernetes environments with logs and events, increase adoption and usage of Dynatrace in such environments, and much more.
- Planning and performing needed competitive as well as user research, building insights from both qualitative & quantitative data in order to inform your proposed designs.
- Being as hands-on as needed to clearly visualize, prototype, test, and measure design solutions (e.g. with IA, user flows, wireframes, mockups, but also surveys, user testing, usability heuristics, user-centred metrics, etc.).
- Acting as a customer advocate while continuously partnering with product managers, engineers, and other design practitioners.
- Leveraging our Barista design system to build your solutions, and helping to maintain and evolve that.
Desired skills & experience
- You have solid experience and a demonstrated track record of designing, shipping, and iterating on complex digital software products and systems (definitely not just websites or campaigns). Even better if matured working also on B2B Enterprise software.
- You got plenty of experience successfully collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and other business stakeholders. At a (software) product company.
- You boost very strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills, in English.
- You are fully comfortable working on business/technical/human challenges from beginning to end — e.g. planning and doing UX research, collecting and translating insights and data into concepts that form new products and features, designing detailed solutions to make things real, and continuously learning from and iterating upon what you ship.
You will love this job if
- You can drive projects with great sense of ownership, autonomy, collaboration, proactivity, and optimism.
- You thrive and deeply enjoy working with multidisciplinary teams, and are at comfort with ambiguity.
- You are not afraid of collaborating with geographically dispersed teams.
- You want to continuously improve your skills and grow within your craft.
When applying for this role please include a link to a brief portfolio showing a few selected commercial projects you worked on in the past – clearly outlining the problems and/or business opportunities taken on with your work, as well as your role and specific responsibilities as part of a multidisciplinary team. That should mostly touch on the process applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish and final deliverables.
Please apply with both your resume and portfolio in English. Cover letter appreciated.