This Product Manager role will see responsibility for a complete vertical of the Skyscanner product, working at the heart of product definition and delivery.
Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
As a Product Manager at Skyscanner you will be at the heart of product definition and delivery. You will assume responsibility for determining how our product should develop, drawing on data, insights from users and commercial imperatives to set the priorities for product delivery. You should have a passion for delivering solutions that users want and be hungry to learn about online travel so that you can hit the ground running.
You will be responsible for a complete vertical of the Skyscanner product. In that respect, you will look ‘upstream’ to set the strategy for how the product should evolve, working closely with the Product Director and other core stakeholders to ensure you are in line with the broader business strategy (as well as challenging that where you see fit). As ‘owner’ of one or more of our products, you will manage the day-to-day operations of product delivery, steering the development priorities and setting the agenda of each sprint with the development team, and on occasion with third party organisations.
You will know through experience that the demands on your time will be high and you will need the ruthlessly prioritise where you spend your time and energy and that of your team. You are likely to be the type of person that likes to dig into the details and get to the bottom of issues; however, you will also be prepared to make decisions, often in the face of partial information. You will enjoy the challenge of finding and asserting an appropriate path through product development from concept onwards, and not be afraid to alter the course as you see fit, bringing the team along with you.
- You will lead the definition and planning of a product vertical from concept through to development and on-going improvement
- You will own the strategy for your product and will ensure that the plan is line with the key business objectives
- You will collaborate with Engineering, UX, Marketing, Commercial and Service Management to successfully drive products through to completion
- You will communicate regularly with people across the business, both to obtain input for the product roadmap and to share the progress and plans
- You will lead the vision for the product and manage the on-going priorities for the team developing the product, working closely with the Project Manager and Technical Lead to keep the team on track
- You may mentor or directly manage a more junior Product Manager
- Strong demonstrable experience of Product Management within a fast-paced, online environment
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodology
- Line management experience useful
- Start-up experience or evidence of being a self-starter favoured
- You will thrive on and have a track record of getting things done, within a fast-paced and changing environment
- You will be passionate about (digital) products and interested in the details
- You will be creative (often having an alternative point of view) and be good at bringing others along with you, since you have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as empathy and understanding
- You will be comfortable making tough decisions informed by data or detailed logical reasoning
- You will be energetic and resilient, and highly organised
- You will have strong people skills and be a natural leader
Tell us about
- Tell us about your Product Management experience and why its suited to Skyscanner and our products
- Your estimated salary expectations and availability