At 7shifts, we’re building a team and product that will help change the restaurant industry for the better, one shift at a time.
We believe that starts from the inside-out. Our Values—Be radically candid, Embrace new challenges, Act like an owner, Make every experience an 11, and Solve with simplicity (otherwise known as BEAMS)—are the bedrock of our team member experience. Those values are also what drive our customer experience, and are a big reason why we’re trusted by more than 350,000 restaurant pros around the world.
We are looking for a customer focused, solution driven Product Manager to join our team and our mission to simplify labor management and improve performance for restaurants everywhere. As a Product Manager, you will own product features from conception to launch. Your team will consist of you, a Designer, Product Marketer, Data Analyst and Software Developers to support the work you’ve researched and prioritized. You work well in a high-paced environment, and thrive on iterating quickly to test approaches that best solve our users’ pain points. Your strong communication skills allow you to collaborate effectively with leadership, design, engineering, sales, marketing, and client success to deliver the most value to our users. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to be part of transforming an entire industry, and play a critical role in driving our continued success.
The position can be based in New York, Saskatoon or Toronto, and is remote-friendly.
We’re building an inclusive work environment that is representative of the diverse industry we have the pleasure of serving and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the vision and roadmap for one or more 7shifts products in alignment with our company vision and goals
- Own objectives and success metrics for your product in order to expand our business and revenue
- Understand our customers thoroughly and validate your assumptions with customer insights and data. Run tests and iterate to improve your product.
- Ensure we create simple solutions that deliver value at record speed
What you have:
- 2+ years product management experience on a platform, marketplace, or other high growth saas product
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex functionality to the engineering team and give clients and internal stakeholders a quick and engaging elevator pitch of the same feature
- Experience driving product development teams towards big visions with consistent execution and quick iterations
- Strong ability to to collect, analyze and interpret all types of data to make strong business decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
It’d be even cooler if you had:
- Experience in business development or sales
- Experience in the restaurant industry in any role
- Education in commerce, computing, or user experience
7shifts is a cloud-based labor management platform designed for the restaurant industry. We help restaurateurs – from independent establishments to large franchises – by making it easy for them to properly schedule their staff, streamline team communications, and reduce labor costs. Since our founding in 2014, we have scaled rapidly to become the leading labor management solution for restaurants.
Our Response to COVID-19
Our team is fully supported in working remotely. We have protocols in place for those who wish to work out of our Saskatoon, Toronto, or Hoboken New Jersey offices.
Our People and Culture team has transitioned the recruitment, hiring, and onboarding processes to be fully virtual. We’ve added two dozen Shifties to the team since then.
While working remotely challenges our team’s connected and activity-loving nature, we’ve been able to create virtual opportunities for fun and social connection.
- Centrally located offices in Saskatoon, Toronto, and Hoboken for those who want to work in-person with their team
- Remote friendly for those who want to work from home (whether it be preference or pandemic related)
- Stock options (equity) in a VC-backed startup
- Benefits coverage from the start
- Unlimited vacation
- Parental leave program
- Continuous professional development budget
- A culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
We thank you for your interest in joining the 7shifts team! While we welcome all applicants, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.