Building Success Together
At FCT, we are proud of our success and excited about our future potential. It is our employees’ dedication and ongoing pursuit of excellence that has made us Canada’s leading provider of title insurance. Our employees are empowered to harness new ideas, to unleash their imaginations and to create innovative products and services, as well as persistently seek ways to improve our service and respond to our customers’ needs. Our employees are people whose passion for their work, commitment to customers, contributions to the company and influence on its corporate culture are what create and grow FCT.
Your Role In Our Continued Success
We are continually searching for the best talent; individuals who possess a deep commitment to the customers and markets we serve. We are currently seeking a Product Manager, Core Residential Lending Solutions at our Oakville office who would like to join a company that has created a unique working atmosphere that offers challenge, purpose and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally in a team-oriented environment.
In this outstanding opportunity, The Product Manager (PM), Core Residential Lending Solutions (RLS) owns accountability for one of our largest business lines at FCT. We deliver a technology infused BPO offering to the largest Schedule A banks in Canada that streamlines the efficiency of the refinance process and allows our Lenders to deliver a superior borrower experience. This PM mandate includes ownership of the Core RLS Offering as well as additional features such as payouts, discharges, and funding.
What does the Product Manager, Core RLS do:
- You are responsible for the successful delivery of the KPI’s for Core RLS product line including delivery metrics, customer experience/NPS, and growth targets. In most cases this means you own the ability to deliver a product that can meet the P&L targets
- Define strategy, roadmap, and execution for assigned initiatives and/or product area ensuring consistency with overall group and organizational product vision
- Communicate project status to stakeholders within and outside of product area across FCT
- You splice data, analyze it and present metrics to back up assumptions on features/new releases to advance the product line
- Work cross-functionally with development, design, our technology team, operations, and sales to launch new features and provide ongoing management of the product line
- Launch and test new products and features that move the needle in terms of key metrics (i.e. what more can we do for our lenders to accelerate their refinance product lines)
- You research the market and know it like the back of your hand. You’ll be the first to provide commentary on a rate change, regulatory shift, or new development to the rest of the RLS team
- You own the details of the product – the buck stops with you
The successful candidate brings the following skills and abilities to the job:
- Highly intelligent, hands-on product manager with top-tier communication skills and a proven record of success
- Collaboration is in your blood: you know how to build trust and mediate disputes between cross functional teams. You relentlessly communicate, encourage collaboration, and understand that your ability to succeed is only as good as your ability to influence and build strong relationships with your team
- At a high level, you can talk technical with our dev and IT groups – you don’t have to commit code but you understand the implications of technical tradeoffs and decisions and can translate that back to the rest of the product team
- Curious – you get excited about things you don’t know. Asks a lot of questions and can search for answers without hand-holding
- Creative problem solver with the ability to think laterally and apply new frameworks to work toward resolution of difficult problems.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence those in all levels of the organization.
- Superior customer service skills.
The following experiences and knowledge is highly desirable for this role:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. MS/MBA is preferred.
- Understand the back-end processing of secured lending products within the Canadian financial services landscape
- Highly familiar with the journey from application to completion for refinances, transfers and switches – you can identify key steps, identify pain points, and understand whether technology can be used to bridge the gaps
- Proven record of success can be further defined as 5 years+ of product management experience in enterprise/b2b products hitting key metrics as defined by your specific product
- Understands the unique customer experience dynamics of an enterprise/b2b product that combines technology and BPO and have a deep empathy for understanding our users (the Banks) and THEIR customers (the borrowers)
- You’ve shipped product before and have previous experience iterating on successful products by adding features that definitively improve key metrics
We offer a competitive compensation & employee benefits plan as well as an RRSP program.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
FCT is an Equal Opportunity employer. Thank you for choosing FCT!