HealthyHealth: A New Standard for Life and Health Insurance Underwriting
Be part of the Tech and Data transformation of an entire sector from its core. We need you to help scale up a pioneer and write history.
The HealthyHealth model uses data to calculate the risk of diagnosis for over 800 conditions, along with Extra Mortalities and Morbidities. This can be used to save applicants hours filling out long insurer questionnaires or visiting the doctor, and disrupting the traditional underwriting process for the benefit of the early adopters.
- Founded 2017
- Scaling up
- Raised ~£3m
- Named one of Forbes’ “20 Tech-For-Social-Good Startups To
- Watch” In 2020
- 15 -> 45 Employees
- 5 -> 10 Developers
- Big data & analytics – HealthTech – InsurTech
You will help us revolutionise this industry with a range of clients and partners from small to top-tier Insurers, re-insurers, and MGAs in Europe and APAC.
- You would be the HealthyHealth Lead Product Manager.
- You will work effectively across all disciplines to build, launch, and iteratively improve our Products.
- Success in your role means building products that are used by large B2B clients like AllState in the US, or the number one life insurer in APAC, and their millions of end-users, where you are responsible for shaping the vision, direction, and process to make that happen.
- Ideally, you are a constant learner, have a honed intuition, and the analytical prowess to support your intuition with data.
- You will build an international product management team to lead the effort, especially in the EU, APAC, JP, and USA.
Our goal is to drive the onboarding of the insurance industry from the long and painful medical questionnaire guesswork to the « data-based » risk evaluation. Through a set of APIs and simple interfaces, our products enable a seamless & frictionless journey that transforms the insurance policy paperwork into a « one-click » purchase with high-quality assessment results.
Your role is to make this happen and adjust our product to local markets, use cases, and clients as we are entering diverse cultures and insurance worlds such as the USA, Japan, and APAC.
Responsibilities will include, not be limited to:
- Oversee product execution from inception to delivery of a viable, desirable and feasible product
- To develop Products skills, and delivery organisation in the team
- Gain a deep understanding of our enterprise customers’ needs by performing thorough research
- Mockup concepts, write specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to ship your products
- Work closely with teams comprised of engineers, UX/UI designers, sales, and play a critical role in planning of projects to ensure the timely delivery of quality products and features
- Help teams estimate and decompose complex projects into manageable parts with delivery plans, and track progress against those plans
- Work with teams to drive alignment, remove blockers, anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance business needs against technical constraints throughout product life cycles
- Facilitate the resolution of timing conflicts, project collisions, and resourcing constraints, and identify and remove bottlenecks
- Work with leadership to determine top priorities and ensure development work reflects those priorities
- Communicate plans, status, risks (and mitigations) to all stakeholders, escalate urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure
- Measure engineering velocity, and help identify and establish new best practices to improve the speed at which features are delivered
- A track record of building API/Mobile/web products, preferably in a startup or fast-paced environment
- You have technical experience with any of the following: data, analytics, digital service design, product management, or software engineering
- Technical depth that lets you understand tradeoffs and ask engineers insightful questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Experience working with engineering, design, and customers in enterprise software or related technical fields
- Experience leading a team, and effectively implementing team goals.
- Detail-oriented; organised; collaborative; hands-on
- Startup experience
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans and roadmaps
- Beyond just shipping new products, you obsess about continuous product improvement and vision about future successful products
- Small, autonomous, multi-cultural teams of 3 to 5
- Learning and development opportunities
- No micro-management
- Remote working and adjustable schedule possible
- 2 annual company trips abroad (once restrictions allow)
- International visibility
- Company laptop
- Access to the Founders Factory and Plug and Play community
- 28 days vacation + Bank Holidays
- London central office
- Salary £60-£90k, based on experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.