Dasera protects the entire data lifecycle in cloud data warehouses and data lakes. It detects where sensitive data is stored, understands how it is used, highlights risky behaviors, and enables data governance, security and compliance in one simple interface. With Dasera, SecOps, compliance teams, and data owners can easily collaborate on a single, automated platform.
We’re a fast-growing, VC-funded, San Francisco Bay Area based startup. Our technology is built on cutting-edge privacy preserving algorithms and data protection research from UC Berkeley. We work with the leading security teams and CISOs across the world. Our early customers include some of the world’s leading consumer and business brands.
Lead Product Manager
Location: Remote, located anywhere but ideally US or Canada
About the job:
Responsibilities will include:
- Generating product insights and contributing to product strategy and the product roadmap. Working with customers and cross-functionally with UX/UI, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing to define new features, products and initiatives that deliver better data security and compliance throughout the entire data lifecycle.
- Managing both internal and external stakeholders – interfacing with and influencing your stakeholders, balancing business needs vs. technical constraints, driving clarity in ambiguous situations, and delivering the most customer value and market differentiation as quickly as possible.
- Staying on top of data security trends, identifying potential partners with key stakeholders to define and deliver products that keep Dasera at the forefront of data security and compliance.
- Understanding the competitive landscape, and delivering features/products that not only deliver terrific value, but also are differentiated from competition and resonate with prospective customers.
- Rolling up your sleeves doing whatever it takes to deliver a successful product to market including but not limited to: participating in daily stand-ups and bi-weekly sprint planning and retros, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, creating low-fidelity prototypes in Balsamiq, providing feedback to UX on Figma screens, helping with in-product copy, working with Engineering to clarify user stories, assisting with product QA, writing customer-facing product documentation, and working with Marketing on product marketing related blogs, whitepapers, bylines, webinars, etc.
- Helping to recruit and expand the Product Management team as the company grows.
The candidate must:
- Have combined 8+ years of software product management, program management, and/or engineering experience, with a track record of end-to-end delivery of a successful product(s). At least 2 years of experience should be in B2B software.
- Have experience owning feature delivery and making tradeoffs of a product, with a demonstrated ability to deliver incremental value in an agile development process.
- Possess strong business judgement combined with good technical understanding.
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Be extremely visual and understand the power of storytelling — drive UI/UX to illustrate compelling user journeys to prospects, get early feedback, and build better products.
- Be a self-starter — be able to work independently (and remotely) with little to no oversight.
- Be fully familiar with the agile product management process and be a power-user of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Balsamiq, Figma, Pendo (or other user analytics/onboarding software), Aha!, etc.
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working with software solutions that help enterprises manage large amounts of data (i.e., data warehouses, data lakes, data marts, etc.)
- Background in UX, UI, and Product Design.
- Prior experience in the security industry.
- Prior experience working in a start-up.
- Passion for helping enterprises keep sensitive data in compliance with regulations, third-party contractual obligations, and other internal rules.
- Working knowledge of regulations surrounding sensitive data: GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, FERPA, etc.