Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world’s largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a passionate Chief Product Officer to join us in Berlin. Do you want to become part of a great purpose-driven team and shape a product used by millions of users?
What you’ll do
- Create clarity and positive momentum towards a shared product vision.
- Make sure our product initiatives are well executed and align with the company goals.
- Shape and scale our product organisation and nurture a healthy and productive culture.
- Lead, grow, coach, and develop great product people and help them to thrive.
- Investigate and implement further strategic product opportunities and evaluate existing partnerships.
- As a member of the leadership team, you drive strategic initiatives and are one of the contributors to the company’s strategy and culture.
What you bring
- At least 4 years working in a leadership role in product, ideally in different companies.
- Proven ability to guide international teams and build successful digital B2C products.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to make strategic decisions and execute well.
- Past success in hiring, scaling teams, and organisational design.
- Experience in all areas of product development: From technology to design to business, from discovery and delivery techniques and processes to marketing and analytics.
- Fluent spoken and written English (German not required).
- A heart that is beating for our users and our cause.
- Respect and passion for our core values and the way we work.
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
– Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll add millions of trees for the planet
– Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
– Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
– Want to know what it’s like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
– Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
Grow your expertise!
– Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
– Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days, and a free book policy
– An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
– Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours (part -time: 32 hours, also possible) and location.
*If during covid-19 you work remotely, you need to be available during our core working hours (at least 10-16 Berlin time/CET)
– Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
– 30 vacation days
Get compensated well and fairly!
– A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
– Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill
– Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us and we are constantly working on improving it.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.