At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It’s this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers – from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We’re passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That’s why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- You are an experienced and very successful senior product leader with a proven pedigree in managing a complex portfolio of products.
- Highly commercial in your decision making.
- You are curious and an avid learner.
- You will have a can-do positive attitude to deliver and are comfortable working in a high tempo environment.
- You must be a team player who can support others and be able to take on support when offered, you will thrive on working in an agile environment, be ready and expectant of new, sometimes short notice challenges.
- You extol the virtues of Thinking Customer, Being Exceptional and Succeeding Together.
- Able to lead from the front, developing your team and those around you.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Play an active part in the Divisional Management Team, responsible for the management of the Division, contributing to the achievement of growth and client satisfaction targets.
- Taking a holistic view to support Corporate as well as Divisional objectives.
- Use in-depth understanding and appreciation of the Market, customer problems and competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions.
- Shape the product vision and delivery of solutions for the Division, formulating fact-based, compelling, innovative and forward-looking vision and roadmap. As a product expert, able to do pre-sales demos of all your products.
- Define and communicate a compelling product vision and strategy, creating the product roadmaps for your market sectors aligned with the company Strategy and Vision.
- Provide significant contributions to increasing the profitability of the divisional portfolios, developing innovative new products and utilising the wider company portfolio to provide new propositions.
- Work with the other Heads of Product to understand the company portfolio, and contribute to the overall product strategy, integration and cross sell.
- Sponsors all functional development projects within the Division.
- Work with stakeholders to define the Divisional go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer.
- Responsible for Initiating and supporting engagement with clients through Special Interest Groups, User Groups and other events.
- Effectively manage the Division’s Product Management Team to ensure best practice is followed and the team deliver value, effectively, efficiently and to a high standard.
- Lead, motivate, develop, appraise and manage the performance of the Divisional Product team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company’s needs.
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer on acquisition opportunities for your Division, including Analysis of the completive landscape, target meeting, due diligence and integration to agreed set goals.
As a well-rounded Head of Product, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Excellent leadership, motivation and team development skills – across multiple teams & locations – able to cross boundaries and collaboratively drive positive change up & down the chain of command.
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results in own Division with consideration for the wider company strategy and objectives.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to identify opportunities and execute strategies to deliver.
- Excellent understanding of Product Management principles, and able to deliver complex projects across multiple workstreams to time, budget and quality.
- Commercial experience and a sound understanding of product Go-To-Market (GTM). Experience and understanding of the drivers of commercial performance in a business environment, working with stakeholders to support commercial success and maximise customer value.
- The ability to adapt to a changing business and marketplace.
Strategic direction setting for the Products within the Division, defining the overall strategic product roadmap based on market and competitive trends.
- Collaboration and influence at Senior Management level to achieve best results for division and department.
- Growth mind-set with a willingness to learn and adapt to new and better ways of doing things.
- Accredited to the agreed level for the role.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain