Who We Are
Bestow is the first full-stack life insurance company, using technology to make coverage accessible to millions of underserved families. With Bestow, buying life insurance can take as little as five minutes and is 100% digital — No doctors. No needles. Just coverage. As an omnichannel software provider, Bestow powers best-in-class life insurance products and experiences for leading consumer brands.
Founded in 2016, Bestow is reimagining the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance industry to democratize access to valuable financial products. We are backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VCd, Sammons Financial Group and MunichRe.
Open to Austin or Dallas, or Remote
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for a driven, entrepreneurial-minded digital product leader who is ready to make a big impact at one of the fastest-growing tech startups in Texas.
As a Senior Product Designer, you are an empathetic, data-informed “solutioneer.” You think through worst-case-scenarios and look beyond the four walls of Bestow and life insurance to solve them. You are successful at your job when you are consistently exploring new ways to optimize and endear ourselves to users, and have the results to show for it.
Do you thrive on finding intuitive solutions to difficult challenges with a healthy mix of data and user research? Are you willing to challenge long-held industry assumptions? Do frustrating user experiences keep you up at night? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect to work on:
Solve Problems. To be successful at Bestow, you should be able to solve complex, often ambiguous product problems at all phases of the product development lifecycle, including research to validation, to implementation of your solution for development.
Understand Users. Your ability to translate data, insights and user research into tangible solutions is key to doing your job as a Senior Product Designer.
Validation of Features and Requests. You’ll work closely with your Product Manager and Design Lead to vet the priority and usefulness of feature requests. Once a request is prioritized you’ll design and test your proposed solution through data and user testing.
Produce Design Deliverables. Our product designers produce high-quality artifacts at every phase of the design process. These include wireframes, high-fidelity visual designs, clickable prototypes and robust design documentation. As Senior Product Designer, you’ll be expected to ensure the quality of your work and help other designers maintain a high standard of work.
In addition to the other Product Designer responsibilities, a Growth Product Designer is expected to:
- Get plugged into the Growth teams KPIs and look for opportunities to impact business objectives while balancing the needs of users.
- Grasp the end-to-end purchase experience of Bestow in order to develop a robust understanding of the life insurance user journey and key moments.
- Champion experimentation. This will be your day-to-day, which means you’ll be assisting Product Managers with crafting hypotheses, designing experiments, and interpreting results.
- Work with the Growth EPD leads to prioritize and plan the experiment backlog
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions and pursue ways to gather more evidence as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of industry experience in digital product design
- Passion for user-focused design
- Strong visual and interaction design abilities and a portfolio that shows it
- A sense of deep empathy for user problems to create elegant but practical solutions
- Experience working in an agile development environment as well as familiarity with Lean UX and design research
- Initiative in identifying issues and willingness to act on opportunities in order to improve the product offering
- Effective written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Collaboration skills across disciplines to drive change into products
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Fluent in modern design software such as Sketch, Abstract, and Figma
- Able to quickly create robust, testable prototypes with tools such as Protopie, Axure and/or Framer X
- Diligent file organization and management
Nice to Have:
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)/Product Design/Human Factors/Design or related field
- Experience building, using and maintaining a design system
What We Can Offer to You:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for yourself and family
- Choose your computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team breakfast tacos and lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.