The Financial Times (FT) is one of the world’s leading business news and information organisations, with over 840,000 paid for subscribers. We are recognised globally for our authority, integrity and accuracy. We provide a broad range of news, comment, data and analysis to the growing community of internationally minded business people.
FT Specialist Titles oversees niche publications of the FT that are designed for professional segments such as The Banker, Investor’s Chronicle and How to Spend It. The Specialist Titles Product Team develops front end solutions to address the needs of the desired segments and allow the FT to monetise through subscription and online advertising.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the team and own the development of several titles in the portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with design, UX, commercial team and developers. He/She will craft the vision for each title, investigate user journeys and optimise them, become the voice of the reader in the organisation and identify business opportunities and articulate them into a business case.
In this role you will…..
- Be the voice of the reader, developing an in depth understanding of the way users are consuming content and the reason behind it.
- Craft the Product Vision for each title together with the publisher and the commercial team
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Lead the development process of solutions, take decisions based on data and communicate the process to stakeholders
- Own the roadmap for the products and features
- Collaborate with stakeholders around the business
- Be the Product Owner for Agile developments, building and grooming product backlogs and setting development priorities
- Co-ordinate developments undertaken by third parties
- Track and analyse success metrics while feeding back outcomes into the product process
- 1-3 years of product management experience with a track record of delivering customer-facing digital product
- Previous experience of working within high-growth digital businesses, having brought innovative products to market
- Experience in conducting business analysis and writing business cases
- Experience with stakeholders management
- Desirable to have at least 2 years experience working in an Agile environment
- Intelligent use and analysis of data
- Ability to draw insights and prioritise in an efficient way
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, a natural evangelist
- Confidence in leading teams and stakeholders by influence, with no official authority
- Knowledge of the entire product lifecycle from insights/analysis, roadmap development, UX, UI and Data driven approaches
To be successful in this role you will …
- Be execution focused and have a proven record of success
- Be results-driven, high-performing, high-quality work attitude
- Have a strong personal interest in the news media, relishing the chance to help build the future of one of the great global brands in media