- One of the UK’s most popular small business finance apps with over 100,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- Loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered “exceptional”)
- Rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot. See what customers say
This is your chance to come and shape the future of small business banking and accounting!
Make a difference 💫
We’re on a mission to make small businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. Our accounting app is already used and loved by thousands of accountants and small businesses and this role is an exciting opportunity to build a product that makes a real difference to its users and the businesses they run.
We’re seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and government initiatives such as Making Tax
Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working on the cutting edge. We’re focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
The Role 👷
As the Product Manager for the Marketing Platform team at FreeAgent you’ll be responsible for helping to implement our marketing and sales strategy by building and integrating a technology stack across our marketing website, marketing automation and CRM systems that meets company objectives.
This will involve researching and documenting the requirements of the business and stakeholders, assisting in the ongoing prioritisation of projects and features, and managing the implementation of these through our agile process.
The work is fast-paced, challenging and varied and on any given day you might be:
- Engaging with our users, partners and stakeholders from across several teams within FreeAgent, translating insight and feedback into a clear and well defined product roadmap
- Facilitating the wider product development workflow from initial stakeholder requirements, through prioritisation into design, development, release and measurement
- Maintaining, grooming and prioritising product backlogs, ensuring requirements are well understood, documented and communicated throughout the team
- Monitoring success of ongoing product developments through data analytics, user feedback and other quantitative and qualitative feedback channels
- Evaluating technical developments and requirements across our website, Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud solutions against KPIs and feed suggestions back into the product roadmap
Ideally you’ll have:
- Hands on experience of working with CRM or marketing automation software (ideally Salesforce & Marketing Cloud) as both a user and in an administrative capacity
- Excellent analysis skills – getting to the root of business needs and requirements, and translate into technical specifications with an eye for detail
- A confident and articulate communicator, with the ability to pitch ideas, influence and manage stakeholders
- Experienced in defining return on investment and creating compelling business cases
- Able to provide timely and accurate system needs analysis, documentation of current systems and project plans
Annual salary £34,500 – £49,000 mid level, or £49,000 – £64,500 senior level, depending on experience, plus we provide a competitive salary and comprehensive package of employee benefits which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website. There may be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working for this role and work under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home.
Creating the best place to work 👩🏽💻
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it!
Over the last year we have adapted well to working remotely as we have been able to rely on our long established remote friendly practices. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal’ and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team.
Our amazing office in central Edinburgh will remain as our hub and our working environment is light and bright, with inspiring spaces and quiet places. Find out more about life at HQ here!
While we’re remote we’re finding alternative ways to stay connected and enjoy activities together, from our virtual art club to exercise challenges and cake decorating competitions. See how we’ve been getting on!
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple; just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity.
Our selection process involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a few video interviews so you can meet the team. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team, and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent are reflecting our diverse customer base and bringing with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions, and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!