At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We’re a multidisciplinary, fully-remote, team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
Our Core Values
They are few, but they are mighty. From creating processes to decision-making and recruiting, we build our five core values into nearly every single thing we do.
- Independence. Others can trust that you’ll deliver on time and your teammates don’t need to worry about you keeping your word.
- Mastery. You love what you do and care deeply about the quality of your work, down to the smallest details. You’re continuously learning and pushing yourself to the limits of your ability. You’re never satisfied with the status-quo.
- Communication. Your communication is clear, concise, and engaging whether you’re explaining a complex idea or providing feedback to a teammate.
- Ambition & Balance. You aspire to put a dent in the universe. To do this, you set high standards for yourself and those around you. The time you spend on work isn’t measured by quantity, but by quality.
- Impact. You’re able to take a bird’s eye view to pinpoint and then solve issues that have a high impact on our customers, our team, and our company. You’re committed to the health and success of both your teammates and Doist as a company.
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
How have we done product work so far?
Doist’s product team is mostly composed of team heads that have a talent and passion for product work. Currently, we are a team of 6 people who meet weekly to discuss things related to our products, and we distribute work between us (for example, a product spec for a feature).
As a smaller company, our product setup worked wonderfully for many years. However, as Doist has continued to grow, now to over 90 people, we’ve seen the pressure some of our team members are placed under to juggle product work alongside their core duties.
What are our biggest product challenges?
We believe we can take our product work to the next level by building a core team that will focus exclusively on how to make world-class products. Your role as the Head of Product will be to build and lead this team.
The scope and complexities of our product work have increased over the years. We have two products that are at very different stages and, as a result, very different challenges.
- For Todoist, our challenge is managing and evolving a product that’s used and loved by millions of people. Popularity has its problems, as it’s hard to make changes and juggle optimizing for power users or newcomers.
- For Twist, our challenge is that we still have not hit the right product-market fit. We see sparks of product-market fit, but there’s still significant work left to achieve the ambition to change the way that teams communicate.
These are daunting, yet exciting challenges that, with your help, we hope to resolve!
We are looking for someone who has led product teams that have built outstanding products and is excited about the opportunity to build and lead the Doist product organization. In this role, you’ll:
- Drive the long-term direction for our products and help to communicate it internally.
- Develop product vision by combining solid product intuition with strong customer research.
- Coordinate and communicate between the product team and the heads of marketing, support, engineering, and design.
- Be responsible for the product organization as a whole and report to the CEO.
- Track core product metrics, such as activation, retention, and monetization.
- Lead, edit or create anything product related.
- Help build a talented product team.
- Set your team up for success and provide guidance along the way.
- Communicate product updates internally every month, so people are aware of the product changes.
Not sure the role is a good fit for you? That’s okay! We’d still be happy to consider you. Here’s what the process looks like:
- Submit your complete application by February 22 at 2PM UTC. This including a resume (or manually entered experience) and thoughtful responses to all the application questions. No cover letter needed!
- Application screening. We read every application to understand your motivation, skills, and experience. Once your application has been reviewed, you’ll receive a response regarding the status of your application.
- Interview with Amir S. (Founder & CEO).
- We’ll ask you to complete a test project.
- Interview with Ana F. (Head of Design).
- Interview with Gonçalo S. (CTO).
The role will remain listed on our careers page until Feburary 22th at 2PM UTC after which point we will unlist the role, screen all the candidates, and begin the hiring process.
Our perks and benefits are designed to provide the freedom and support you need to grow personally and professionally. Here’s what that looks like:
- Work from anywhere in the world. We never place restrictions on locations.
- Design your own schedule. Work no more than 40 hours/week.
- Competitive pay. Our formula-based salary calculation provides a highly competitive rate based on your skills and location.
Expand your professional skills
- Pursue personal projects. All Doisters get one month per year to spend on a work-related project they’re passionate about
- Attend conferences. You’ll have a recurring budget to spend on attending conferences that grow your professional knowledge, skills, and network.
- Company retreats. Our annual company-wide retreats are unforgettable.
Craft your ideal work environment
- Cozy up at a coworking space. Find a coworking space that’s right for you and Doist will cover the expense.
- Apps and services budget. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on services that help you do your job.
- Hardware budget. You’ll have access to a recurring budget to spend on work-related equipment.
Focus on your well-being
- Generous time off. Doisters get 8 weeks (40 days) of PTO/year to use as they wish on vacations and national holidays.
- Parental leave. New parents receive 5 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to 13 weeks of paid pregnancy-related medical leave.
- Invest in your health and wellness. You’ll have a monthly budget to spend on things like gym membership, healthy snacks, massages, health insurance, etc.