We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we’ve all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn’t kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18’s cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world’s largest companies.
Our team in London is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join us on our journey.
At Duffel, our mission is to make travel effortless. We’re doing that today by building the best API for selling flights on the internet.
As a Product Owner, you’ll take a leading role in shaping and delivering our product strategy.
Our Product Development organisation is split into a number of teams that own particular parts of the Duffel product. In this role, you’ll be part of the UX Products team.
The team owns a range of products which cover the whole customer journey end-to-end – including our developer documentation and dashboard – plus internal tools which we rely on to provide our customers with a great experience.
We want to think outside of the box and identify new ways to empower travel sellers to build a next-generation customer experience.
Some ideas we already have in the pipeline include:
- Visual tools to help potential customers to see how our flight prices compare to competitors
- Plug-and-play widgets so API integrators can easily implement more complex features like seat selection
- Reporting functionality in the dashboard to help travel sellers to visualise how their business, powered by Duffel, is performing
What we’re looking for in you
- You have experience as a Product Owner or Manager
- You’re eager to set and drive a vision for the products you own – not just execute on a strategy that has already been laid down
- You can drive execution and get things done, working as a team and with stakeholders to get a project over the line
- You’re able to deal with ambiguity, breaking down complex product problems and defining a way forward
- You think being challenged on your assumptions and decisions makes you grow, and that challenging others will help them grow
- You use quantitative and qualitative analysis to shape your decisions and communicate them with your team
- You’re an advocate for customers, getting to know their workflows and pain points and turning that understanding into product ideas
- You’re a clear communicator, both in written and spoken form, able to structure your ideas logically, communicate trade-offs, and explain complex technical concepts clearly
- You aren’t only comfortable with high-level product thinking – you can dive into the technical details
- You’re ready to work across the business, for example with our Finance and Travel Ops teams, to build products that work for customers and keep our internal processes working smoothly
What you’ll be doing
Shaping our product strategy
- Working with the CEO, CTO and Head of Product to set out product strategy and evolve the processes we use to get the job done
- Getting to know our customers and partners so you can understand their needs, identify product gaps and gather feedback on new product ideas
- Advocating for what you think are the highest priority projects, especially where they require cross-functional or cross-team collaboration
- Staying close to the pulse of the travel industry, so you can identify new opportunities for Duffel to add value
Setting the product direction for the UX Products team
- Owning the team’s roadmap, incorporating new feature requests and keeping it organised
- Prioritising work, using our product strategy, data and your contact with customers to inform and justify your decisions
- Taking ambiguous product problems and turning them into well-crafted scoping documents, which clearly define the problem space and identify the meaningful requirements, making clear the trade-offs involved in the search for the right solution
- Identifying and measuring metrics to understand how people are using the product and how it’s performing
Driving the UX Products team’s day-to-day delivery
- Collaborating with engineers to turn your scoping documents into a plan of action, working out what to keep in scope and what to push out and breaking down work into deliverable chunks
- Working with the team to plan, execute and review their sprints
- Advocate with the team for the right balance between technical debt, investment work and product features
Working with the wider Duffel team
- Building relationships with key internal stakeholders, so you can identify how your work will impact their teams, practices and processes
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.