Senior Product Designer
We are City Pantry, and we’re on a mission to change the way people work – both in the office and at home. We believe that good food helps people work closer, however far apart. So, now more than ever, we need a team of diverse, passionate people to drive our mission forward and make working life better, one meal at a time. And we need people like you to be a part of our food revolution!
As part of Just Eat Takeaway, one of the Worlds largest food delivery groups, we deliver thousands of meals every day across the UK to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, to name a few. We work with a world of kitchens, over 600 of the best boutique chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, iconic restaurants and supper clubs in the UK.
About the Role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Head of Product Design in leading the direction and vision of UX, UI and usability of product at City Pantry, ensuring our libraries and design systems are up to date. You will support and mentor junior team members and lead design for the projects and product teams you work on.
Product design is responsible for the look, feel and usability of our product. Working within our Product teams we use quantitative and qualitative research methods to de-risk projects with a data-led approach to design, testing and iteration around problem statements defined by the teams. We apply UX design principles developing these solutions and seek to evaluate them against agreed outcomes in an ongoing process. We work with scalable design patterns that marry with the tech pattern library and focus on ease of use and consistency as we innovate and evolve the product.
What you’ll be doing
- Distil complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Confident approaching complex UX problems that solve multiple user stories
- Take ideas from concepts to sketches, wireframes, pixel-perfect designs and prototypes, all the way through to implementation.
- Work with UX Researcher to drive best standards for testing and research within design and product.
- Lead research and feedback sessions that help drive your decision making, and provide detailed feedback to the team.
- Stage designs so we can get features to our users quickly
- Prepare design specifications and work closely with our engineers to deliver them
- Maintain and grow shared design libraries, creating or modifying UI/UX patterns, and drive best in class standards across team
- Collaborate with the Head of Design to lead discussions with product managers and designers on direction of product, UX and UI.
- Work closely with junior designers and provide constructive feedback regularly.
- Help unify the City Pantry brand across all customer touchpoints
What we’re looking for
- You have a relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience in product design or a related discipline.
- You have a strong body of work that clearly demonstrates insight, empathy, and an ability to tackle complex problems.
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers and cross-functional groups, leading discussions on product experience.
- You are a self-starter who is happy tackling projects independently and driving change.
- You have extensive experience developing, testing, and refining concepts
- You have a strong understanding of content design and put great copy at the heart of everything you do
- You are at home with all the tools used in the design cycle – from Sketch, Framer, Invision and Zeplin (or similar) – as well as being able to dive right in creating complex prototypes with HTML, CSS and JS and understanding of Adobe Suite and Jira, Trello or Monday!
- You are advanced in using visual hierarchy, layout, typography and colour effectively within a brand, and drive consistency within the design team.
- Some experience with motion graphics and video editing (Adobe After Effects or similar) would be useful but is not essential
- You obsess over details and are excited to polish until your work is pixel-perfect
- You are excited to take on responsibility, and strive to improve your skills as a leader.
Benefits of working at City Pantry
City Pantry has taken all necessary precautions to keep our team safe during this strange time that we’re experiencing together. Working from home has become the norm and employee wellbeing is at the forefront of our minds. We ensure we offer a helping hand remotely whenever it is needed, from mental health support to a comfortable home workspace. Some of our company perks are on hold for now, but here’s what’s on offer at the moment:
- Unlimited holiday (yes, actually)
Flexible Working Hours (we encourage regular breaks and being AFK (away from keyboard) to support your wellbeing)
- £2000 annual development allowance, for you to spend on developing your current skills and learning new things
- Access to various Mental Health & Wellbeing platforms, including wellbeing sessions, online health checks, tools to provide exercises via UnMind, Sanctus and our Employee Assistance Programme
- Mental Health First Aiders within the business, available to assist you with anything regarding your mental health and wellbeing
- An opportunity to get involved with our Employee Resource Group programme, whether you want to create your own ERG or join our current Racial Justice and Equality group
- Optional company wide training programme named ‘Recipe for Success’
- Weekly virtual Yoga and Pilates to keep your mind, body and soul in shape
- Regular remote-social activities like virtual Escape rooms, Bingo, Scavenger hunts + much more
- Group Income Protection and Group Life Assurance for all Full-time employees
- A selection of People focused schemes, including ‘Cycle to Work’, ‘Eyecare’ and more, designed to give you an even better employee experience during your time at City Pantry
- Generous parental, adoption and/or foster care leave, so you’re able to spend important time with your new family.
- Automatically enrolled into our Pension scheme after 3 months employment, where you will contribute 5% (or more if preferred) and City Pantry will contribute 3%.
- 20% off Santander Cycles (annual membership)
And when we’re back in the office, you’ll be entitled to all of the above as well as these perks below:
- Free lunches Monday, Wednesday and Friday from an amazing array of our London Vendors
- Regular company socials (COVID-19 guidelines permitting)
- Five-A-Side Football Team
- Treats from our sweetest Vendor partners