Senior Product Designer
New York, NY / Full-time
Relevant’s mission is to bring world-class software to people working on the front lines of America’s healthcare safety net.
It’s no secret that healthcare software is often clunky, slow, poorly designed, and painfully distant in quality from the software we use in our consumer lives. The tech is particularly bad for systems used to provide care for underserved populations.
We’re looking for a product designer to help us correct this imbalance by bringing simple, beautiful software to healthcare non-profits across the U.S.
- Product design: Create intuitive user experiences and a coherent visual idiom for our care management and analytics tools. Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to take us from feature kickoff to pixels on screens.
User research: We have real human relationships with people who use our tools, from doctors and care teams to technical analysts. Meet with these users both remotely and in person, diving into the worlds of primary care delivery, quality improvement, and care coordination in order to understand what they need.
- Maximize design leverage: Help us weave design concerns into the DNA of our organization, with the goal of making all of us at Relevant allies and contributors to good design. For example: is it time for a style guide, or a more formal design system, that will allow engineers to leverage your design patterns more effectively?
- 3+ years design experience: We’re interested in someone who’s done this before. Ideally, you’ve been a part of at least one highly effective eng/product/design team, and can bring best practices to our design process.
- Ability to make beautiful things: We want to ship product that’s as visually appealing as, say, Stripe or Slack. You can help us get there, leveraging tools from pen and paper to Sketch or Figma to solve design challenges in elegant ways.
- Passion for data visualization: You’re prepared to think deeply about how to use data visualizations to tell quantitative stories. Maybe you’re obsessed with Edward Tufte or Stephen Few, or have a well-worn copy of Grammar of Graphics. If not, you’d be eager to dive in.
- A desire to improve healthcare, with a focus on equity and social justice: We’re not the kind of startup chasing hyper-growth. We’re building tools used by safety-net organizations that are fighting health disparities, and are looking for candidates who find this focus compelling.
- Be nice, and value collaboration: As a company, we think feelings matter a lot. We’re looking for people who understand this, who are easy to work with, and whom other people always want on their team.
- Technical chops: Taking us from user research and feature ideation to fine-grained mockups is great. But if you can deliver working prototypes in HTML, CSS, and JS, even better.
- Wearing other design hats: We’re a startup, and all sorts of things at our small company could use some design love (including this website :). If you’re a product purist, who wants to do nothing but make our products great, awesome, awesome—that’s the main thing we’re looking for. But if you’re the kind of person who would also like to leave your mark on our marketing materials or company swag, we’d cheer you on in such endeavors.
Working at Relevant
- Join a small team of people (currently, there are 27 of us) who love what we do and continually strive to delight our customers.
- Help us build a company culture that’s friendly, respectful, and encourages continual learning.
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits (we pay 100% of employee healthcare premiums), 401(k) with employer contribution, generous vacation policy, and a general emphasis on happiness and sanity.
Visit https://relevant.healthcare/jobs/senior-product-designer/ for application instructions