Location: Remote, preferably UK based, as you will be expected to travel to the London office on average once a month
Working at Ably means helping to build the infrastructure and technology that will power and shape the future of a digital world where realtime interactions underpin our personal and professional daily lives. Chatting on WhatsApp, hailing an Uber, asking Alexa what the weather will be like tomorrow, collaborating in the same Google Doc: all of these things rely on complex, behind-the-scenes realtime infrastructure. That’s what Ably provides for companies like HubSpot, Toyota Racing Development, OfferUp, and Hopin.
The opportunity in front of us is immense. Our mission is to become the definitive realtime infrastructure of the internet while powering and accelerating adoption of realtime user experiences. Ably is on track: everyday we deliver billions of realtime messages to more than 100 million people in 80 different countries across web, mobile, and IoT platforms. But we can’t rest yet. In a couple of years we want to reach one billion people everyday through the same and new channels.
To see what life’s like at Ably, check out our careers page at www.ably.io/careers.
In this role
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our team and make an immediate impact across the business as we continue our rapid growth. As part of a small team, this role will give the right candidate the opportunity to dive deep into all aspects of product marketing at an exciting B2B Enterprise SaaS company.
This role will have company-wide visibility and impact as you’ll collaborate closely with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, and the broader Marketing team.
Day to day, you will:
- Structure, shape and drive awareness and excitement about new products and innovative capabilities internally and externally
- Create compelling and descriptive core messaging and positioning content that resonates with target audiences to showcase the value and differentiation of our solution
- Collaborate with, and provide feedback to, the Product Management team on product/features that align with target markets and personas
The ideal candidate will:
- Have value and outcome-driven product and solution marketing experience with 3 years of experience in B2B high impact software solutions, a focus on DevOps and tech-savvy personas from individual contributor to senior management preferred
- Plan and deliver with high-velocity new product introductions (cadenced product releases) that incorporate concurrent themes/use cases (typically complex SaaS offerings)
- Convey a deep understanding of modern software, IaaS, and cloud API products with technical acumen
- Have added value through participation in cross-functional efforts with Product Management, Pre/Post Sales, Customer Success, Engineering and broader Marketing teams, DevRel, DemandGen, Comms in particular
- Be familiar with all things cloud, serverless, and event-driven architectures and stay current on new product and industry evolutions
- Quickly absorb detailed, complex technical concepts and can synthesize into simple, impactful messages for technical and business audiences
What’s it like to work at Ably?
Ably is entering a new phase of growth led by an experienced senior team. You’ll be part of a successful, highly motivated, and extremely collaborative team.
To provide the infrastructure required for the next generation of the internet, to tell the world about it, and to support everyone inside Ably to do so we hire people who are ready and capable of taking on challenging problems in a high-growth environment.
We want to work in a company of inclusive people who treat each other well. To really thrive at Ably, you’ll need to believe in and be prepared to do your work in line with our values, which are:
- Open for all. Open is a mindset. When open, we’re better collaborators, communicators and creators. Whether open source, standards, or protocols, open hearts, minds, and eyes. It’s better when it’s open.
- Bias for action. We avoid analysis paralysis at all costs. We lean into doing in order to move us forward. When we have enough of what we need to act, we act.
- Even the best do better. We want to be the best – but that doesn’t mean we rest when we are. Improvement and growth – true betterment – is an ongoing journey. One fuelled by curiosity and taking risks.
- Technology needs humanity. Our technology means little without people – whether that’s how we treat our colleagues, or how we design developer experiences. Being human matters.
- Dependable people make dependable things. Dependability is integral to our mission and technology, but being dependable starts with our people. When we care enough to take real ownership of our products and problems – all else will follow.
- Bold creativity leads to the greatest rewards. When viewed through a different lense, what stands in the way can become the way. The bigger the challenge the easier the choice: bold creativity will always move us forward, create better outcomes, and set us apart.
What’s in it for you?
- A good, competitive salary
- A great company culture
- Share options
- A remote first company. Unless you want to pop into our communal office space in Shoreditch, London, you’ll work from home most of the time, apart from when we have planning sessions/Summits which happen on average once a month.
- Your choice of high quality tech kit to work on
- Health insurance, including Doctor@Hand
- Employee Assistance Programme
- ClassPass membership
- Cycle to work
- Regular company away days and social events
- Friday need-to-know drinks and snacks
- Ongoing professional development (training, events, conferences), including an assigned budget
- 25 days of paid annual leave (33 days including bank holidays)
Company contributions towards your pension
If you enjoy working as part of a technology company, value open source, and love solving hard problems – then we’d love to hear from you, regardless of whether you fit the spec exactly or not. If in doubt, drop us an email; we’d be more than happy to give you some advice on your application.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion.