We are hiring!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner – Licensing to join our brilliant Information Systems & Technology department here in our Paddington office!
Your Mission at BMG.
You will be responsible for connecting with users in the Creative & Sync Licensing and Production Music teams with the aim of understanding them and what their needs are.
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure that our software products are helping the business users achieve better outcomes
- Assess the value of the work using best practices within
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Assess value/return on investment, develop business cases, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolving of technical debt
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion
- Empathy for business user requirements & passion for software product development
- 3+ years managing, inspiring and developing product management teams
- Proven experience as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, revenue growth or cost savings
- Preferably former experience in the music industry and the IT systems/applications within it
- Track record of understanding core customer needs and translating these clearly into product development process
- Proven ability and intrinsic desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but be able to say no and make and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the wider business and clients
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and/or scrum teams and ability to switch to waterfall where this is the more suitable approach
- Experience and willingness to work with both internal and outsourced/offshore teams
- A Bachelors degree or higher, preferably in technology or business with excellent professional verbal & written English skills
- German language skills a plus
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Subscription to Headspace
- Give As You Earn Scheme
- Flexible working
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment (Currently virtual!)
- Flexible working opportunities
Founded in 2008, BMG is already the world’s fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 19 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 3m songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach which now includes production music, film and books as well as music publishing and recordings.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House and the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.