Who we are
If you are looking to have an impact on the world, then read carefully because at Choco, we are moving mountains to transition the world’s food systems to become more sustainable. The food industry is an industry with essential problems, especially in food-supply-chain. We leverage technology to build the digital platform on which the global food trade will operate. We have the potential to reduce complexity in the supply chain, decrease food waste by 30%.
In 2018 we entered the market with our chat-based ordering app and had drastically changed the way businesses work and order with their suppliers. Our founders have helped build companies such as Zalando (IPO’d), Lazada (sold to Alibaba) and Foodora (sold to DeliveryHero). We recently raised one of the largest Series A funding rounds in European history.
Technology is at the core of our work. We are product-minded builders, architects, coders, bug-hunters and designers. We deliver the needed change via our mobile and web apps using cutting-edge tools, modern engineering practices and always keeping software quality on our radar. Of course, it’s not only about working with top-notch tools but keep hiring excellent engineers too.
Join us in leading the world’s transition to sustainable food systems.
What you will do
Technology and a superior user experience lie at the heart of our business. Hence, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager who has that rare combination of being analytical and a fast learner but also creative and a strong communicator.
- Owning the roadmap and development of a product that millions will use
- Organizing and orchestrating workflows between design & development to deliver meaningful features fast and at a high quality
- Analyzing business and user impact of potential features in a data-driven manner, using state-of-the-art tools and strong analytical skills
- Talking to users, strategizing, spitballing product ideas with our staff, clarifying technical questions and effort estimates with our in-house engineers, troubleshooting issues, drawing up wireframes, aligning on user stories with the design team and many, many other things – no two days will be the same
- Having the opportunity to grow with the company and increase your amount of responsibility and ownership over time
- Working directly with one of our co-founders and collaborating across all our other departments
The ideal candidate brings
- You have experienced massive growth in product scope/user count/company size/product team size in your previous job(s) and are familiar with the challenges that such growth brings
- You have owned the development of an externally-facing product over multiple years
- You have that rare combination of business, tech and UX savvy
- You bring product taste, strategic thinking and an extraordinary ability to prioritize
- You can simultaneously dive deep into pixel-perfect detail whilst maintaining a 30’000 ft vision on what the future holds.
- You are an excellent communicator who can switch between discussing detailed technical specifications to pitching our product vision to your aunt at family dinner
- You take complexity and uncertainty as input and output great product and results
- You combine experience and expertise with tremendous drive and hustle
- Nice to have: You have previous relevant experience in Food, chat, marketplaces, integrations or workplace/productivity apps
- No German skills required.