Service Delivery Manager – Design and Innovation Team
Location: Sheffield with extensive UK travel
Salary: £32,000 – £38,000 depending on experience
We’re looking for a dynamic Service Delivery Manager to join the Design and Innovation team at Good Things Foundation.
As Service Delivery Manager you’ll organise a mixed-discipline team designing creative approaches to some of society’s most entrenched social problems. You’ll support the team to plan and organise their work, making sure they run on lean principles, test things at the earliest stage and work quickly to unblock any problems. We use digital to tackle social problems and you’ll be working directly on both digital and non-digital services.
In the role, you will:
- Be quick to encourage, support and organise testing in the wild, lining up partners and participants
- Engage a range of partners and stakeholders, keeping them informed and involved in work
- Use rapid prototyping, lean and agile techniques to test and iterate concepts quickly
- Communicate progress regularly, helping colleagues, partners and centres pull together to get things done
- Unblock problems and get the right people involved at the right time.
You will be:
- An experienced delivery manager with a range of projects in your portfolio
- A brilliant people person, able to the win the trust of colleagues and work with them to deliver exceptional, user-centred work
- A fantastic communicator, using a range of methods and tools to keep people on track and up to speed
- Highly organised and able to work with lots of moving parts
- Committed to living and upholding our values: positive, creative, collaborative, inquisitive, people-focused.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with a range of agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Agile and Prince2 desirable.
Excellent benefits package: 30 days annual leave. Pension scheme (10% employer contribution). Childcare voucher scheme. Cycle to work scheme. Permanent Health Insurance. Employer Assistance Programme.
Good Things Foundation is based in Sheffield, but we work everywhere in the country, and these roles will require a significant amount of travel to other locations, particularly London.
If you’re excited by this challenge, and think you have what it takes to be part of Good Things Foundation’s mission, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to talk about the roles before applying, speak to Bea on 07929 474938.
About Good Things Foundation
Good Things Foundation is the UK’s leading digital inclusion organisation.
Around 12.6 million people in the UK still don’t have the basic platform of confidence and skills to use digital technology and the internet. Our mission is to help them bridge this gap and become digitally confident and capable.
Since 2010 we’ve helped over 2 million people improve their lives using digital, driving positive outcomes from employment through to health and wellbeing – and our target is to help 2 million more by the end of the decade.
We’ve done this by partnering with a network of over 5,000 community organisations across the UK: the Online Centres Network. We provide the inspiration, tools, resources and funding that enables our community partners to engage the most vulnerable in society and help them develop digital confidence and skills. We bring together thousands of community partners to make up the Online Centres Network, reaching deep into communities to help people across the UK gain the support and skills they need to change their lives and overcome social challenges