Established in 2000, the Transport Exchange Group is a privately-owned logistics technology company which creates and delivers real-time solutions for transport and logistics businesses around the world. Our leading edge platform helps clients to realise efficiencies and grow their businesses through participation in our accredited network of over 7,500 operators. Despite the impact of Covid-19, we continued to experience strong growth both in client numbers and platform GMV during 2020 and we anticipate similar growth in 2021. Total headcount is now approximately 100 colleagues which gives us the firepower to build and support our exciting product roadmap, whilst still retaining the personal touch.
As the volume of trading activity on our platform grows, our strategy is to deliver a wholistic platform experience to our members with a suite of services that will maximise their success. We are looking for a highly experienced and technically astute Lead designer to join our Product team. If you have deep and proven experience in product design within technology, then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
The Job of a Lead Product designer is to put design and user experience at the forefront of everything the product team does. Work directly with customers to fully understand and be empathetic to their pain points in order to create intuitive and innovative solutions for appealing products that our users value and it provides their business’ huge efficiency benefits. The role must strive to constantly learn more around our users’ needs, behaviours, and emotions to better help inform on our business strategy and sustain our growth in the future. The role to start with will need the person to be Hands on in delivering design for the delivery of our products while working alongside customers, product owners and developers it will certainly evolve into managing a small team of contract/permanent designers in the medium to long term.
As a Lead product designer within the product department on a day to day you’ll be partnering with the respective Product owners and the Commercial Leads to solve key product problems and build amazing features for our users. This role will involve frequent hands-on design work, but you’ll also get the chance to grow and scale the team as required.
There is a very real opportunity to become our go-to person in charge of Product Design & Strategy, eventually growing into the Head of Design role.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
· Provide design leadership and direction for the product department; lead creative and holistic thinking across our product releases, platform and devices, alongside more hands-on design work.
· Define the end to end design process and continuously iterate and improve on it.
· Implement a culture and principles within the business that wants to put great design at its core.
· Develop right-sized design processes that ensure we maintain agility and deliver top quality products.
· Manage and co-ordinate the backlog for the design team.
· Facilitate workshops with customers and staff to aid business strategy
Stakeholder and Customer needs
· Work closely with customers, product managers and commercial leaders to increase product engagement.
· Collaborate with product managers to gather requirements and help define product roadmaps with both internal and external stakeholders leaving nothing to interpretation.
· Be the user advocate, and provide day to day design leadership, being the intermediator between design, content, business and engineering.
Product Analysis, Research & development
· Own and evolve the Information Architecture for the full product suite
· Collaborate with designers, product managers, analysts, developers and commercial colleagues to balance user-centred, business and engineering goals to help shape the product delivery.
· Lead product research with customers to test ideas, improve existing products and ensure quality of new deliveries.
· Develop storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and more to communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Follow through on design details with the Engineering team to ensure design quality through to release and beyond.
· Help define KPIs and track products to define success and seek improvements.
What are the skills, knowledge and experience needed to do the role?
· Solid Product Design portfolio (both Mobile and Web)
· Design Leader that can be hands on.
· An eye for pixel perfect design and excellent attention to detail
· Problem Solver and Critical thinker
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to discuss and explain briefs, design options & solutions
· Comfortable public speaker, presenting and facilitating workshops
· Previous experience with conducting user research & testing
· Experience with working with data
Must Have Skills (Software)
We would expect you to know and understand the tools that are required to bring an idea into the real world through the design and discovery process.
Some of the tools that we currently have in operation are
What’s on offer
· Competitive Salary (based on skills and experience).
· We are happy to engage and explore remote working for the right candidate.
· Generous bonus potential based on OKR delivery.
· A result-oriented, fun, and candid team to work and grow with.
We will require the candidates to go through certain checks and provide us with the relevant references where necessary.
NOTE – We are not looking to recruit for this role via any recruitment agencies and we will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to the job posting. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to us, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by us.